Transfer Pattern To A Cake

Decorating By ngandara Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 11:00pm by Cupcake615

ngandara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngandara Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 3

Is there a good technique I can use to transfer a pattern I drew or bought onto a cake? I have heard of usinf wax paper and glass. Not really sure how this would work. where to get the glass and how big is it?

2 replies
elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 10:56pm
post #2 of 3

Not sure if this will help, however in my wilton class they taught us a technic using pipping gel and wax or parchment paper. Make sure your image is reversed that way when transfering onto the cake the image isn't backwards. Simply trace your design or picture using the gel onto the wax paper and place onto the cake.

Cupcake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcake615 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 3

I use a waxy stencil sheet. It is made for making stencils, it's not typical plastic like most. It's thin and easy to cut like paper, but has a waxy finish. I found it at hobby lobby. I print my image, cut to a stencil, trace it onto the wax stencil sheet, then use an exacto knife to cut it. It's a little bit of work, and some-what time consuming. But... If it's a template you will use again, totally worth it. My most popular one has been used several times and wiped cleaned. Still works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%