Decorating With Syrup! Help

Decorating By Yoann26 Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 6:25pm by Yoann26

Yoann26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yoann26 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 3

So I found this video in youtube and it looks like a very interesting way to decorate. This guys uses some kind of syrup. I bought the regular hershey syrup but is way too thin and it ended up all over my cake instead of just the top part like inthis video.

Does anyone know how this thick syrup is made? I really would like to try this out.
Thanks in advance.
THIS IS THE LINK TO THE VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp9q4OrY57Q&feature=related

2 replies
Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 3

I don't know which "syrup" you mean, the icing looked like Bettercream whipped topping, the red was commercial strawberry glaze and the final opaque was probably commercial fruit glaze just topping the strawberries to give them shine.

You can buy the strawberry glaze in the super-market. It's in little tubs in the produce section next to the strawberry display. It's the same as he had in the big bucket.

The mostly clear fruit glaze could have even been piping gel, or you could use a little apple jelly. When I make apple butter each year I also make a little batch of apple jelly out of the cores and peelings and I use that to put the shine on the top of fruit tarts. Some people also heat up apricot jelly, it is more solid than apple jelly.

Tami icon_smile.gif

Yoann26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yoann26 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks alot for your response. I will definately look for the strawberry glaze.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%