Paintball Cake

Decorating By Pieceofcakebyrita Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 7:21pm by SoonerBaker

Pieceofcakebyrita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pieceofcakebyrita Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 7

Hi does anyone have any ideas for a cool paintball cake that would feed 35-40 ppl? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm having a mental cake block! LOL

6 replies
Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 7

Here's two ideas:
1. Carved cake the shape of a paintball helmet;
2. Basic cake shape covered in white fondant and splattered with different colors of paint (edible spray paint or loading a paint brush and "flinging" it against the fondant is cool too), camo ribbon around the base.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 7

I have to make a paintball cake next month. I'm doing a camo cake.. with paintball splats and a paintball flying into a happy birthday sign splatting that too

texastj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastj Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 7

Very cool ideas. I was thinking the very same. What about a paintball course? Bunkers, paintball guns, helmets, splats the whole nine.

mplaidgirl2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mplaidgirl2 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 7

mine only needs to feed 20 so its a smaller cake... but you can get into the whole course or even the paintball gun on top of the cake

jridings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jridings Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 7:10pm
post #6 of 7

How about half a sheet cake with buttercream and graham cracker crumbs for dirt make some bunker and splatters on bunkers. Bunkers could look like plastic barrels, wwod pallets, old doors. U could make it camo with grass and trees with the bunkers.

SoonerBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoonerBaker Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 7

As a mom of a D3 paintball player - I would make a sheet cake like a field with bunkers spaced out. (scroll down to look at the New Jersey layout)

http://pspevents.com/

You could do the PSP logo (the red and white) or if they kid has a professional team he follows - decorate one in the team jersey.

Also - you can put actual paintballs on the cake. They are 100% non toxic and edible (they taste horrible)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%