Cake Pop Wedding Cake How-To?????

Baking By CakeMama625 Updated 18 Aug 2011 , 6:57pm by Mamasan

CakeMama625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMama625 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:34am
post #1 of 15

Ok, so I am doing a cake just like this this weekend. It's such a new thing that I can't find any tips on how to do this! Does anyone have any experience on the best way to do this? Thanks!!! icon_smile.gif

Image[/img]

14 replies
Smallfrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smallfrye Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:44am
post #2 of 15

It looks like they were stuck onto cake dummies, possibly with tooth picks. Hope that helps. Or that someone that has done this can tell you how.

Chonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonte Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 5:14am
post #3 of 15

i agree, looks like dummies. i would imagine if you stuck a toothpick into a cake with a cake ball. the cake ball would be to heavy

elizaBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizaBakes Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:35am
post #4 of 15

If you're up for the challenge, I'd use royal icing to glue the cake balls onto the cake and stack them ontop of each other; and since there should be some room on the edges between layers the cake balls should be able to sit along those edges. But, just an idea...never done this.

evans000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evans000 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:59am
post #5 of 15

I would make them as cake pops with the proper sticks on then make the holes in the dummies and pop the cake pop sticks in then all the guests will be able to take one at the end of the day. Basically i giant cake pop cake and i would agree they are dummies so holes can be easily made in them.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 7:31am
post #6 of 15

hmmm...it looks likke a French Croquembouche. Of course the creme puffs used in the croquembouche are probably much lighter than a cake pop but they are usually attached to a foil cone with carmelled sugar....so cake dummies would probably be more appropriate for an American Cake Pop Cake

CakeMama625 Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 15

Thanks for the tips everyone!
evans000: I think this is the method we are going to use.

I can't wait to see the end result! Keep an eye out! icon_razz.gif

Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 5:41pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMama625

Thanks for the tips everyone!
evans000: I think this is the method we are going to use.

I can't wait to see the end result! Keep an eye out! icon_razz.gif

Please post pictures and let us know what you did icon_biggrin.gif

CakeMama625 Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 8:52pm
post #9 of 15

Ok here it is. After HOURS of stress and (almost) tears, and the styrofoam flaking everywhere, we decided to go with this design and the bride LOVED it! She's at her reception as I speak. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 15

It turned out great! Congrats!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 13 Aug 2011 , 9:29pm
post #11 of 15

I'm glad things worked out ok. I was at a place where the decorator designed the cake balls like the first picture. She decorated the dummy cake the same color as the cake balls...then she used tooth pics to hold the cake balls on the cake. as the guest went up to be served we simply took a napkin to take the flavor we wanted. The tooth pic stayed in the Cake Dummy & it was a huge success for her

CakeMama625 Posted 14 Aug 2011 , 4:19pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinumlady

I'm glad things worked out ok. I was at a place where the decorator designed the cake balls like the first picture. She decorated the dummy cake the same color as the cake balls...then she used tooth pics to hold the cake balls on the cake. as the guest went up to be served we simply took a napkin to take the flavor we wanted. The tooth pic stayed in the Cake Dummy & it was a huge success for her

Ya we figured that's how it's done, but of course this bride wanted cake pops, not cake balls, so it was such a mess. lol Thanks again everyone! icon_smile.gif

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 1:47am
post #13 of 15

That looks amazing! What kind of coating do you use if you don't mind me asking? I love that burnt orange color.

CakeMama625 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 8:16am
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsinger84

That looks amazing! What kind of coating do you use if you don't mind me asking? I love that burnt orange color.

I just use the wilton candy melts. That's their orange color. icon_smile.gif

Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 6:57pm
post #15 of 15

It looks beautiful, well done! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%