Feeling Like A Celebrity!

Decorating By FH_Cakes Updated 3 Aug 2011 , 5:44pm by Rosie2

FH_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FH_Cakes Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:03am
post #1 of 6

As some of you may know, I am the one who helped change the law in Washington State to legalize Cottage Food. Recently The Capital Press did another story on me which I sent to my local newspaper...

Here is the story they did on me: http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/jul/27/local-baker-helps-whip-up-new-law/?print

From this story I was contacted by OPB Radio station to do a segment. This aired today..http://www.opb.org/thinkoutloud/shows/one-cake/

And...later this afternoon I had a photographer from The Vancouver Business Journal come by for an article they are publishing Friday.

I am loving all this media to help spread the word on the new law and to share my story with others...I can't help but feel so loved and honored right now..I just had to share with you all, if you are still in a state that does not allow Cottage Foods....Keep up the fight! I am only one person, and I made the difference!

5 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:23am
post #2 of 6

Congratulations.

Altho i live far removed from where you are - i say WELL DONE and how wonderful to see another woman taking up the fight not only for others but for common sense to reign.

Again - CONGRATULATIONS and it was excellant to see and read the tutorial about you.
I think it was very well written and explained alot as to the reason for your cause.

Bluehue. icon_smile.gif

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:42am
post #3 of 6

Congratulations, and thanks for paving the way for others.

cakegirl0905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl0905 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 2:54am
post #4 of 6

Wow! That must have been ALL YOU and so so so so much work!!!! So cool! Good thing you're so super awesome!!!!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 3:52am
post #5 of 6

Congratulations, fellow Washingtonian! Thank you for your efforts.

shanter, in Seattle

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 3 Aug 2011 , 5:44pm
post #6 of 6

Congratulations Felicia, you ARE a celebrity!!!!! and yessss, one person can make a difference!! what a great example for your children and all of us----Felicia rocks!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Thank you again!! icon_smile.gif

Rosie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%