Models On Top Of Cakes

Decorating By liverpoolcupcake Updated 15 Aug 2011 , 5:17pm by liverpoolcupcake

liverpoolcupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liverpoolcupcake Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 8:20pm
post #1 of 5

icon_sad.gif HI CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME ON HOW TO STOP MY MODELS FROM SLOUCHING ON TOP OF MY CAKES.??? IVE TRIES MODELLING PASTE, FLOWER PASTE AND NOTHING WORKS,,,, THEY ARE FINE WHILE I PLACE THEM AND THEN A DAY LATER THEY BEGIN TO SLOUCH ,,, HELLLLLLLP

4 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 3:00am
post #2 of 5

do you put any kind of support like tooth pick or bamboo stick in them? Maybe they are not completely dry when you put them on cake?

liverpoolcupcake Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 8:10pm
post #3 of 5

Hi ,, yes im leaving them to dry and supporting them with long bamboo... it seems to be hit and miss.. sometimes they stay , sometimes they slouch .... cant figure what im doing wrong.. i am quite experienced... they look great at first , l;oads of detail , then i can look the next day and scream

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 2 Aug 2011 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 5

Are you storing the finished cake in an air-tight container perhaps? - That will trap moisture in around the cake and cause problems. Or perhaps you're storing them in an overly-humid refrigerator?...or taking them out of the fridge into a humid envronment?

liverpoolcupcake Posted 15 Aug 2011 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 5

sorry folks,,, wasnt on for a while,,, thank you for your replies... i dont store in the fridge but am letting the figures dry a little longer .x

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%