Best Food Processor For Making Cake Ball Crumbs?

Baking By NoChance Updated 31 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm by NoChance

NoChance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoChance Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 5:46pm
post #1 of 7

Looking to buy a food processor to help speed up cake ball production. Does anyone have any specific recommendations?

Thanks!

NoChance

6 replies
JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 7

I always just use my hands! I have a food processor, just never thought to try it for this yet. Good luck!

Becca1007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Becca1007 Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 7

I just use my kitchenaid... no need for additional appliances in my tiny condo kitchen.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 7

Me too - I put it all in the mixer and use the regular beater (neither the dough hook nor the whisk) and in a few seconds it's crumbs. I also use the mixer to add the binder. The whole process takes about 2 minutes!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 10:38pm
post #5 of 7

I also use my hands & sure the mixer will do it too... But if you still need a food processor I recommend the Kitchen Aid FP its excellent!

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 11:49am
post #6 of 7

Your hands are the best food processor. Get the feel of the cake

NoChance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoChance Posted 31 Jul 2011 , 10:33pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayti

Me too - I put it all in the mixer and use the regular beater (neither the dough hook nor the whisk) and in a few seconds it's crumbs. I also use the mixer to add the binder. The whole process takes about 2 minutes!

That sounds awesome. How good is it as far as lumpy crumbs? Do you run into any problems?

Also, do you make box cakes or from scratch? She's doing from Scratch and we've found the cake consistency to be different than a box.

Thanks!

NoChance

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%