Scroll Tap Its

Decorating By cutecookiex Updated 30 Jul 2011 , 9:23am by jennifercullen

cutecookiex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutecookiex Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 9:57am
post #1 of 9

Hi,

I have recently bought tappits in scroll style. I bought them by accident but obviously thought I could make use of them somehow!!! - I just can't seem to get them out no matter how hard I tap - I am only a beginner in this and I am learning through tutorials on you tube so if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. - (using fondant)
Thanx

8 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 11:06am
post #2 of 9

Put the fondant thru your pasta roller to about 7 or 8.
Lay on counter and left dry for 10minutes or so. Cut. Tap.

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 11:35am
post #3 of 9

Also dust the fondant with powder sugar and dust the tappit with powder sugar.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 9

I agree with Leah. My pasta roller size is different but letting it sit after rolling it out is the key. Don't leave it too long though or the fondant starts to crack and break apart.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 9

I don't have a pasta roller and I don't use my rings on my fondant roller. I eyeball it so that it's a little thicker/about the same as the depth of the tappits.

I let the piece of fondant air dry for just a few minutes, cut a smaller square out of it, dust my tappit letter I'm going for, place that over the cut square and then wiggle it and press down on the counter. Usually it will pop out without having to bang the tappit on the counter. icon_smile.gif

Deenamgall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deenamgall Posted 29 Jul 2011 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 9

When I use my tappits I have found that if I lightly grease the counter with a smidge of shortening, put the strip of fondant on that and press out the letters they will actually stay on the counter and then you can just pick them up and place on your cake. NO MORE STICKING!

I do put powdererd sugar on the tappit to make it even better. Since I have been doing it this way I have saved my temper! I was so frustrated when using them before.

Hope that helps!

cutecookiex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutecookiex Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 7:47am
post #7 of 9

thanks ladies, I will try each of these tips until I find one to suit. Would be a real shame if I couldnt get the hang of them as the lettering is so nice.
thumbs_up.gif

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 7:59am
post #8 of 9

I found this video very helpful!

Enjoy!

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 9:23am
post #9 of 9

I'm so glad to have found this post lol I got some tappits (or they might be another name I'm not sure) I tried them once and they turned out terrible, I couldn't roll the fondant thin enough not to.make a big indentation in the top because the space for Tue fondant was so small, then i couldn't get them out so I gave up and shoved them to the back of the cupboard.. icon_redface.gif might have to get them out again icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%