Plain And Simple

Decorating By Heather_bakes Updated 28 Jul 2011 , 5:30am by madcobbler

Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a cake for my hubbies friend. It is for her 2 year old's birthday. She keeps changing her mind. First it was a cars cake, then a license plate cake and now she is just wanting something plain and simple. Not too much colored icing.
I mean I guess I could just ice a cake with white icing and maybe write happy birthday on it but that seems kinda boring to me.
Any ideas on what I can do that would be a good compromise? Use some decorating skills but still keep it very simple...

4 replies
cakesplat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesplat Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:55pm
post #2 of 5

how about a off white( maybe like your driving through the desert,not alot of grass) cake, then put a road going across it and just pipe a little bit of grass along the road here and there. stick a hot wheels or cars on the road. you could even make a sign for route 66 =)

dmo4ab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmo4ab Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 5

How about carve the cake in the shape of a "2". You could ice in white or off white and decorate with some dots, stipes, stars, etc.

Here's one I found, looks more for a girl, but you could tailor to boy easily.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1443018

HTH. Good Luck.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:18am
post #4 of 5

I love the no. 2 idea. good luck

madcobbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madcobbler Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 5:30am
post #5 of 5

How about a soft yellow double layer round cake with multi colored pastel polka dots and a big bow on top or a teddy bear cake with an ice cream cone decorated to look like a party hat.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%