Another Twilight Wedding Cake??...really??

Lounge By louanne Updated 30 Jul 2011 , 5:55pm by mandyloo

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:58am
post #31 of 92

Along the same lines (kind of icon_razz.gif )

My mom lives in a big beautiful 110 year old house. Right across the street is a Taco Johns. People who come to her house sometimes comment "Hmmm... I wonder why they would build a house right across from a Taco Johns." icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 11:28am
post #32 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess155

Along the same lines (kind of icon_razz.gif )

My mom lives in a big beautiful 110 year old house. Right across the street is a Taco Johns. People who come to her house sometimes comment "Hmmm... I wonder why they would build a house right across from a Taco Johns." icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

LOL!! That's too much!! I never thought people could be that silly.

ShaunPepe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunPepe Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:34pm
post #33 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

icon_confused.gif But really, my first response was,"How old is this bride?!"
I can get the theme wedding, I can get the dark-romance thing, kinda.
But S-s-s-s-parkly, vampirs? Nope, nope, nope!

I do not like the sparkly vampires! icon_razz.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Sparkly vampires!!! That's great. This is the greastest thread is awhile! I don't like sparkly vampires either. Personally I am a muscular werewolf fan. Back in high school I was a HUGE Buffy and Angel fan. Obsessed, probably like many many girls are today with Twighlight. Maybe if I had gotten married back then, when I was 16, I might have wanted a Buffy themed wedding cake. But now?? I'm 28, got married 4 years ago. I can't even imagine taking anyone seriously if they asked for a wedding cake themed around a movie romance. Anyone make a Titanic themed wedding cake back in that craze?

icon_rolleyes.gif

heysugar504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heysugar504 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:59pm
post #34 of 92

OMG! First thread I've read today and it totally started my day off right. So hilarious!!

CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:01pm
post #35 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelleyes

And the one that actually had a Twilight wedding cake like that.. hmm welll.......hmmm awesome for u??? But I don't buy it.. Looks like someone just made a account to say that icon_biggrin.gif

Interesting thought, except the account is older than yours... Not trying to stir the pot, just pointing that out.

In general, I say to each his own. A twilight wedding, well, there are enough theme weddings out there already, so why not. To pick the date to match, people do that for other events all the time. To match a book, slightly weird, but not totally out there...

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:13pm
post #36 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelleyes

O wow.. I'm still laughing with every comment I read... And the one that actually had a Twilight wedding cake like that.. hmm welll.......hmmm awesome for u??? But I don't buy it.. Looks like someone just made a account to say that icon_biggrin.gif

That account was made on July 4. I'm pretty sure she had no idea that this would come up for discussion when she joined the site.

I have been asked to make one for February.

I say to each their own. If someone wants that themed, why shouldn't they have it? People ask for cake designs all the time that not everyone would love or like or what ever.

And themed weddings aren't something new. Some people are very into them. As long as they are happy, why should I care if it is a Twilight theme what ever theme it is. It is after all their wedding, not mine.

sacakesandbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sacakesandbakes Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:54pm
post #37 of 92

LOL, I don't understand the craze. My daughter read the books but hated the movies. And her only obsession was to buy the book at midnight & stay awake till she's done reading it. But then again she will stay up all night reading any book series she loves.
I laugh at non teens who are obsessed with twilight. If your an adult shouldn't you know its fiction, which means its NOT REAL. Maybe we should start selling glitter & dog fur & tell them its from the alter universe of twilight.

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 4:34pm
post #38 of 92

What does a Twilight wedding cake look like? Sparkly? I need to go Google.

Have your cake any way you want it! If the decorator doesn't feel the motivation/inspiration find another. That's the great thing about choice, you can choose someone who is willing to make your cake and make you smile.

I love the books myself. Yeah, not afraid to say it either. thumbs_up.gif

louanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louanne Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 5:08pm
post #39 of 92

[
I say to each their own. If someone wants that themed, why shouldn't they have it? People ask for cake designs all the time that not everyone would love or like or what ever.

And themed weddings aren't something new. Some people are very into them. As long as they are happy, why should I care if it is a Twilight theme what ever theme it is. It is after all their wedding, not mine.[/quote]

honestly if i had the date open i would have taken the order, it was just comical to me her boohooing because she is having trouble finding someone to the cake at the last minute and how important it was for her to get married on edward and bellas date. I do some pretty out there themed cakes, i just cannot get over the amount of twilight wedding cake request i have had and am amused at how obsessive some fans can be.
only time i have ever been that obsessive i was 7 and it was for new kids on the block, and i didnt want a nkb themed wedding, i wanted to Marry Jordan..lol!

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 5:35pm
post #40 of 92

@Cake4Ever - "What does a Twilight wedding cake look like? Sparkly?"

That would be a perfect. Simple white stacked cake, airbrushed to sparkle. Maybe some red satin ribbons drapping the whole thing topped with the red/white flower from the book cover (not sure...is it an orchid?) Still elegent and "twilight inspired" but without copyright infringement of using logos or character sculptures.

myheartsdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myheartsdesire Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 5:50pm
post #41 of 92
Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 6:00pm
post #42 of 92

I agree with all who posted to "to each his own". I don't see the difference between someone requesting a Twilight cake or a Dora, Sesame Street, Dr Seuss cake or any other cake for that matter. I think it's all played out... lol Just because the baker has made 50 cakes with the same thing it does not mean the customer has ordered that many. It's new and fresh to them. With that being said.... The thread is funny and I am a Twilight fan! lol icon_rolleyes.gif

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 6:12pm
post #43 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by myheartsdesire

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/259/9/0/bella_and_edward_wedding_cake_by_thesearchingeyes-d2yuo12.jpg

Their cake. Kinda not vapireish at all... If there is such a thing icon_smile.gif

That is actually a cute cake LOL *ducks* I wouldnt mind doing "their" cake for someones wedding but most of the fans want a "nightmare before christmas" type Twilight cake..

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 6:29pm
post #44 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by louanne

okay sorry just needed to get it out of my system. So i have been booked for August 13th for quite a while mainly because i vowed only to a certain number of orders and no more so i could get done early because it is my 8th wedding anniversary and my hubby wants to go out.

One i get slightly aggrivated when people wait til the last minute and 2...sorry not a huge twilight fan. so in the last week i have had 6 wedding cake request that i have turned down for that date. I just had a girl in here boo hooing her eyes out because she cannot find anyone to do a cake for the 13th because she waited too long and she cant go to walmart becasue it has to be twilight themed and she just has to get married on the 13th becasue thats the day edward and bella get married.........very hard for me to keep a straight face on this one. I told her i was sorry i was maxed out for orders that day and she said but so an so siad you usually will work in orders, and so i told her yes typically i try to work with people on short orders but i had to be done early that day because i'm celebrating my anniversary....

oh then here comes the heavy waterworks...you are so lucky you were married on their day .....umm, yeah we were married before the books were out, and i tell you what after this round of crazy i almost wish i could change our anniversary date. whew, sorry had to get it out before the next fan comes around and i cannot contain the laughter.

anybody else getting obsessive fans getting married on the 13th too???

Wow, she could go still to Walmart or wherever and have them put black ribbons at the bottom of each tier and she can buy a Twilight topper to put on top of her cake.

She is truly into Twilight. I wonder if she did get married on the 13th. icon_smile.gif

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 6:44pm
post #45 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburkett

@Cake4Ever - "What does a Twilight wedding cake look like? Sparkly?"

That would be a perfect. Simple white stacked cake, airbrushed to sparkle. Maybe some red satin ribbons drapping the whole thing topped with the red/white flower from the book cover (not sure...is it an orchid?) Still elegent and "twilight inspired" but without copyright infringement of using logos or character sculptures.

That's what I was thinking, something elegant and simple. But I googled and it was all red and black and the typical birthday cake type with the apple and the chess. That is not how I would imagine Bella and Edward's cake to look. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the movie! I bet we'll see a lot more requests for that cake! Hmm...I wonder who did the cake for the movie?? Ooh, that is the 2nd big cake of the year after Will and Kate's. icon_wink.gif

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 6:45pm
post #46 of 92

Here's a pic of what one Twilight Cake would look like:

http://www.squidoo.com/twilightwedding

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ajsmoonlightbakery/5536600026/

I also saw others where the main use is the white the red ribbon, the flower, the apple, and the checkered pattern with the chess pieces.

ShaunPepe Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 6:56pm
post #47 of 92
Quote:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/259/9/0/bella_and_edward_wedding_cake_by_thesearchingeyes-d2yuo12.jpg

Their cake. Kinda not vapireish at all... If there is such a thing icon_smile.gif

I highly doubt that is their cake. A lot of photoshop going on in that picture. I could understand brides wanting the cake in the movie, once it comes out. But just today I read on a blog the bride wanted a Edward and Bella figures topper for the cake. Hmmmm

myheartsdesire Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 7:52pm
post #48 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunPepe

Quote:

I highly doubt that is their cake. A lot of photoshop going on in that picture. I could understand brides wanting the cake in the movie, once it comes out. But just today I read on a blog the bride wanted a Edward and Bella figures topper for the cake. Hmmmm

Scuse me, wasn't tryin to present myself as an expert. icon_wink.gif Saw the first movie, quit after that. Just found that with a yahoo search. My attempt at being helpful. icon_smile.gif Don't know much about it..

ShaunPepe Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 10:24pm
post #49 of 92
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Scuse me, wasn't tryin to present myself as an expert. icon_wink.gif Saw the first movie, quit after that. Just found that with a yahoo search. My attempt at being helpful. icon_smile.gif Don't know much about it..

icon_redface.gif Sorry I didn't mean anything by my post. I guess it did sound a little snarky. I just know there are alot of Twilight fans out there that spend hours creating fake trailers/photos of the new movies, so when I looked at the wedding cake, right away it looked photoshopped to me.

myheartsdesire Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 10:29pm
post #50 of 92

No worries icon_smile.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 11:48pm
post #51 of 92

This thread is full of win.

That is all.

klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 12:05am
post #52 of 92

Seeing the cakes that MariaLovesCakes posted makes me feel kind of out of the loop...and maybe a little old (jeez I'm only in my 30s)?

Those are very lovely cakes, but what does the symbolism represent? I don't really have any basic knowledge of Twilight other than the author is rolling in money and the vampires are sparkly. I'm not being snarky, I'm just being honest about my limited knowledge.

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 12:17am
post #53 of 92
Quote:

I could understand brides wanting the cake in the movie, once it comes out.

I recall there being a lot of requests for Bella's birthday cake after the 2nd movie came out. I can only imagine how bad it's gonna be when the wedding cake is known.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 1:15am
post #54 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlynameleft

Good grief - I would think one day when you wake up and your a big "grown up" then you'd look back and kinda regret having a Twilight wedding cake!

I can definitely see that! Years later when their kids/ grandkids are checking out their old wedding photos..."Um...what was with that cake!?" ..."It was a Twilight cake."..."Twi-what?"..."Twilight" ..."Um, sorry, never heard of it." ..."It was a book. About vampires." ..."Ooookaayy." icon_confused.gif

creativethoughts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativethoughts Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 2:26am
post #55 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral3

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlynameleft

Good grief - I would think one day when you wake up and your a big "grown up" then you'd look back and kinda regret having a Twilight wedding cake!

I can definitely see that! Years later when their kids/ grandkids are checking out their old wedding photos..."Um...what was with that cake!?" ..."It was a Twilight cake."..."Twi-what?"..."Twilight" ..."Um, sorry, never heard of it." ..."It was a book. About vampires." ..."Ooookaayy." icon_confused.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

icon_confused.gif But really, my first response was,"How old is this bride?!"
I can get the theme wedding, I can get the dark-romance thing, kinda.
But S-s-s-s-parkly, vampirs? Nope, nope, nope!

I do not like the sparkly vampires! icon_razz.gif

Oh my goodness both of these posts made me laugh! I can just see the faces of the grand children realizing that no there grandma did not go crazy with the years and that yes she has always been crazy! And I have never read the books, I did watch the first movie because it is my cousins favorite!!! But that was enough for me, plus the ~S-s-s-s-parkly~ vampires scare me!

NO... not joking they scare me the same way clowns scare me! There is something just wrong with them. Then again having been an avid Anita Blake fan, up until the 10th or so book, its easy to see why every fiber of my being is against them!

(for those who do not know Anita Blake is a Vampire Hunter series writen by Laurell K. Hamilton, read it in High School and now it has become a Graphic Novel series.)

myheartsdesire Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:35am
post #56 of 92

By the way, I think "snarky" is one of mynew favorite words.icon_smile.gif Thanks for teaching me a new word. icon_wink.gif

Foxicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foxicakes Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 3:59am
post #57 of 92

Hahahaha......Wowwww!!!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 12:18pm
post #58 of 92

I wonder if they will give out vampire teeth favors. Like the kind you get at Halloween.

You could make a cake that gushes blood when you cut it.

ROFL .

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 12:40pm
post #59 of 92

myheartsdesire: I agree that if a true Twilight fan wants the Edward and Bella wedding cake, it would have to look like the one in the wedding. Not one that has the book cover themes. And nobody is going to know what the cake looks like until the movie comes out. The baker who made the cake has been sworn to secrecy. I am a huge Twilight fan (and over 21) and I would love to have the bed featured in Eclipse. I think that for bakers, this latest installment of the movies will generate alot of orders. Just take advantage of the interest and go for it. I am sure these brides will pay whatever price to have it.

love2makecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 28 Jul 2011 , 12:59pm
post #60 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy383

I agree with all who posted to "to each his own". I don't see the difference between someone requesting a Twilight cake or a Dora, Sesame Street, Dr Seuss cake or any other cake for that matter. I think it's all played out... lol Just because the baker has made 50 cakes with the same thing it does not mean the customer has ordered that many. It's new and fresh to them. With that being said.... The thread is funny and I am a Twilight fan! lol icon_rolleyes.gif

That's what I was thinking! I'm so darn sick of being asking to do Dora and Elmo and then telling people I can't do them anyway... ahhh... bummer icon_smile.gif

I'm a fan of the books (easy entertainment and all...); but then again, I like easy reads. Seriously though, I didn't even know the date of Bella and Edwards wedding icon_confused.gif. Too me that is the most over the top part of the request! Should have told her that August 13th comes every year and she could wait till the next August if it were that important. You may have done her groom a favor! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%