Another Twilight Wedding Cake??...really??

Lounge By louanne Updated 30 Jul 2011 , 5:55pm by mandyloo

louanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louanne Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 92

okay sorry just needed to get it out of my system. So i have been booked for August 13th for quite a while mainly because i vowed only to a certain number of orders and no more so i could get done early because it is my 8th wedding anniversary and my hubby wants to go out.

One i get slightly aggrivated when people wait til the last minute and 2...sorry not a huge twilight fan. so in the last week i have had 6 wedding cake request that i have turned down for that date. I just had a girl in here boo hooing her eyes out because she cannot find anyone to do a cake for the 13th because she waited too long and she cant go to walmart becasue it has to be twilight themed and she just has to get married on the 13th becasue thats the day edward and bella get married.........very hard for me to keep a straight face on this one. I told her i was sorry i was maxed out for orders that day and she said but so an so siad you usually will work in orders, and so i told her yes typically i try to work with people on short orders but i had to be done early that day because i'm celebrating my anniversary....

oh then here comes the heavy waterworks...you are so lucky you were married on their day .....umm, yeah we were married before the books were out, and i tell you what after this round of crazy i almost wish i could change our anniversary date. whew, sorry had to get it out before the next fan comes around and i cannot contain the laughter.

anybody else getting obsessive fans getting married on the 13th too???

91 replies
angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 92

lmao.. I just has to laugh when I read your post... Wow there are some strange people in the world. I haven't watched thee movie a I refuse to do so cause all the hype.. I know me and I probly would of laughed in her face icon_biggrin.gif

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 92

Your story has me cracking up. The poor groom.

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 92

LMBO! Was she 13?

ReneeFLL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ReneeFLL Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 92

Who in the world are Edward and Bella and why are they so important?

JessiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessiesCreations Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:01pm
post #6 of 92

Lol! Haven't heard of that for a wedding.Only birthday requests for that theme. Good luck to you!

louanne Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:03pm
post #7 of 92

oh lord it was so hard not to laugh, i have only seen the first movie but one of my orders told me they were getting married on the 13th because it was the wedding date from twilight, they ordered a normal wedding cake but twilight grooms cake. and while i have had other request for wedding cakes this one was by far the hardest not to laugh at, she wanted her topper to be edward and bella and go all out with twilight all over the wedding cake, sooooo glad i am booked, I have a hard time doing cakes that i start of feeling cynical toward.

louanne Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:05pm
post #8 of 92

actually they were in their upper twenties, they went to high school with one of the girls that work for me and she is 29 and i think she said they were a year or two under her.

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:10pm
post #9 of 92

Best thing I've heard all day! I wonder if anyone told this girl that it's FICTION. Sounds like she's nuts so no wonder why she thinks she can get a wedding cake on 3 weeks notice.

@louanne - Well done if you managed to keep a straight face! I wouldn't have.
@Jess155 "Is she 13?" ....Hysterical!

mburkett Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:12pm
post #10 of 92

BTW.....isn't creating a Twilight cake copyright infingement anyway???? Still funny.

louanne Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:15pm
post #11 of 92

i know 3 weeks is short notice on any cake with much detail for us, She is friends with a bride we done a cake for on less than2 weeks notice, but the bride had a cake booked for a later date with us then they found out her dad was being deployed and wanted to have the wedding beofre he left so i worked my schedule to accomodate her, i try to be flexible because i know things change or people simply forget but i vow to only allow so much crazy in my life, and this girl was just beyond that amount of crazy i put up with.

StacyN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StacyN Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:15pm
post #12 of 92

Wow! While I will admit I like the Twilight books and the movies, I cannot even imagine being that obsessed with them that I had to get married on the 13th! When I was reading your post I was thinking "they must be about 15!" Twilight for a birthday theme, fine, Twilight for a wedding theme, strange!

louanne Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:17pm
post #13 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburkett

BTW.....isn't creating a Twilight cake copyright infingement anyway???? Still funny.

ah so should have thought to tell her that one, i typically would use purchased liscensed items, but she was wanting some pretty custom stuff, didnt think of it because i knew i wasnt taking the order the minute she told me the date.

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 9:27pm
post #14 of 92

I understand allowing the short notice for something like the bride whose father was being deployed. One of my good friends tried to push up her wedding 6 months after her father was diagnosed with cancer, but before they changed things, it was already too late. I would have hoped for her that she would have been able to find a cake on short notice. But a bride just waiting for whatever reason... That's just crazy!
Also, as much as I LOVE Twilight, I would NEVER want to plan my wedding or cake around it.

augurey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
augurey Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 10:43pm
post #15 of 92

Oh my... If my cousin wasn't married and was planning her wedding, I might think the bride was her...

After I posted one of my cakes on facebook, the first words my cousin said (rather typed) to me in YEARS was "can you make me a twilight cake?" Not even a hello.

I can't quite empathize (or is it sympathize?) as I'm just new at learning and whatnot, but I can see why this would be frustrating for you (or anyone) -- more especially if it's not involving special circumstances.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:09pm
post #16 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeFLL

Who in the world are Edward and Bella and why are they so important?

LOL icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jolle100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolle100 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 11:39pm
post #17 of 92

Um, I just got married and my cake was a Twilight theme. Personally, I wouldn't want any of you to make a cake for me.

southerncross Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncross Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:16am
post #18 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle100

Um, I just got married and my cake was a Twilight theme. Personally, I wouldn't want any of you to make a cake for me.

Awkward silence (room of decorators looking downward, shuffling feet, clearing throats....and thinking it's a good thing customers don't hear the comments coming out of the kitchen. Anthony Bourdain getting ready to write "Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Bakery Underbelly")

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:17am
post #19 of 92
Quote:

That's good, cause we probably wouldn't want to make a twilight wedding cake. My 10 year old loves Twilight, but she is even to mature for that. I can't believe there are people actually setting their wedding to those weepy books.

QTCakes1 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:18am
post #20 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross

Quote:

Awkward silence (room of decorators looking downward, shuffling feet, clearing throats....and thinking it's a good thing customers don't hear the comments coming out of the kitchen. Anthony Bourdain getting ready to write "Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Bakery Underbelly")

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

It's why we come on here to let this type of stuff out.

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:30am
post #21 of 92

Oh my word, this thread is so funny! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Having a theme wedding is your choice, but not everyone has to be over the moon for it. I should've totally had a "Friends" theme wedding *snorg* Ross and Rachel? Ya! Wait --- no. icon_wink.gif

klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:20am
post #22 of 92

Hahah!! I understand that people REALLY like the books or movies or whatever they are...I never saw/watched any of them. But, I guess I just can't relate to being so enamored with something, that I would theme everything around it...including my wedding date.

I like Star Trek...alot....but you don't see me dressing like a Kingon and walkin down the isle.

My apologies to anyone who has done that.

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:31am
post #23 of 92

I'd have told her no on account of the low likelihood that you'll get anniversary cake business from her. Ten bucks the groom runs for the hills by the end of the first year.

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:43am
post #24 of 92

O wow.. I'm still laughing with every comment I read... And the one that actually had a Twilight wedding cake like that.. hmm welll.......hmmm awesome for u??? But I don't buy it.. Looks like someone just made a account to say that icon_biggrin.gif

mburkett Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:46am
post #25 of 92

I'm all for a theme wedding....I had a theme wedding. It's one of the cool things about custom cake design that you can have a different and unique cake made for your any occasion. But the fact that this bride told louanne "you are so lucky that you were married on their special day" .....really???? That's a bit over the top. Sounds like she might name her kid "Renesmee" (yes I read the books).

theonlynameleft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theonlynameleft Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:47am
post #26 of 92

Good grief - I would think one day when you wake up and your a big "grown up" then you'd look back and kinda regret having a Twilight wedding cake!

QTCakes1 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:51am
post #27 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelleyes

O wow.. I'm still laughing with every comment I read... And the one that actually had a Twilight wedding cake like that.. hmm welll.......hmmm awesome for u??? But I don't buy it.. Looks like someone just made a account to say that icon_biggrin.gif

I think so too. I never understand why people come on here and make up names just to post crazy stuff. Actually, I kind of feel sorry for them. They have to be a little off.

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:54am
post #28 of 92
Quote:

Quote:

OMgosh, Southerncross! I never laughed so hard! Well done!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:00am
post #29 of 92

icon_confused.gif But really, my first response was,"How old is this bride?!"
I can get the theme wedding, I can get the dark-romance thing, kinda.
But S-s-s-s-parkly, vampirs? Nope, nope, nope!

I do not like the sparkly vampires! icon_razz.gif

louanne Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 2:38am
post #30 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

Quote:

Quote:

OMgosh, Southerncross! I never laughed so hard! Well done!

great to come back right beofre bed and get a good laugh

and yeah the "your so lucky you were married on their day" threw me, because obviously now august 13th is a big day because it is the day i married my best friend but honestly it was a rainy weds in vancouver where my hair looked terrible and i had 10 minutes to get dressed because my stylist didnt show for my appointment ( we were married the day we boarded a cruise for alaska)

but yeah my hubby and have just about agreed to change our anniversary to the day we started dating after all the twilight fan comments we get, so no humans and vampires are allowed to get married on oct 28th, and that's final!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%