Luau Themed Cupcake Tower... Help. (Kind Of Long)

Baking By SarahL4683 Updated 27 Jul 2011 , 1:13am by Occther

SarahL4683 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahL4683 Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 5:25am
post #1 of 4

This is a link to my cupcake tower (from a wedding I did) [url] http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2108540[/url]

I'm using it again next month for my very dear friends who are getting married. Very casual event and they are getting married on the beach and then reception is beachy/luau themed. The cupcakes are going to be in (homemade) brightly colored cupcake wrappers with coordinating sugar flowers on top of each one. But I like to decorate the tower it self too. In the pic I posted, there is actually extra material from the brides dress wrapping each tier and then ribbons cascading down and across (like a plaid) to coordinate with the wedding colors. So now I need to come up with an idea for the luau. I was thinking about laying my "sand" mixture (brown sugar, graham cracker crumbs and white sugar) around with little drink umbrellas scattered around the top of each box.. or maybe shells. For the side I was thinking of making a "grass skirt" for each tier with rafia or shredded crepe paper and adding a row of sugar flowers around the top (kind of like a lei)... Does anyone else have ideas? Or ways to improve mine?

3 replies
Chonte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonte Posted 26 Jul 2011 , 6:12am
post #2 of 4

i LOVE the grass skirt idea!!

SarahL4683 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahL4683 Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 12:52am
post #3 of 4

Thanks chonte!

Anyone else wanna help?! I'm running out of time if I have to order something!

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 27 Jul 2011 , 1:13am
post #4 of 4

A friend of mine had a Hawaiian themed wedding (she grew up in Hawaii.) She loved the cake on
"Bedtime Stories." So I tried to replicate some on it. I made some mini tiki gods out of chocolate fondant, hollowed the middle and inserted battery operated red lights. I'll try to upload a pic under my photos. (I wasn't very happy with the volcano because it was too large. It is a container in it with dry ice to make it "smoke.")

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%