The Best Mixer

Decorating By evans000 Updated 24 Jul 2011 , 9:35pm by LisaPeps

evans000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evans000 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 9:11pm
post #1 of 3

Hi guys i am looking to buy a decent mixer as i only have a hand mixer at the moment and would like to make my own MMF.

I am in the UK could you let me know what model you have and if you would recommend it.

I know the majority of people are from the US on here but i'm sure i could find a similar model.

Thanks Helen

2 replies
Yeni131 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yeni131 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 3

I would recommend the Kitchenaid mixer. I use it to make mmf but i only do half recipe at a time which yeilds about just over 1lb of mmf.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 9:35pm
post #3 of 3

Depends what your budget is. I only had a budget of around £100 to £150, so I went with the Andrew James Stand mixer from amazon which cost £110. It works great IMO, for the price it's fantastic. The only downside is that the slowest setting isn't that slow but that doesn't cause me any problems because I don't make buttercream with Icing Sugar which can fly around everywhere.

If you have £300-£450 budget you could go with a Kitchen Aid or Kenwood. A lot of people say that the Kitchen Aid is extortionately priced here compared to the US sites when you convert the £/$ costs. And there are a lot of threads on this site which say the newer models of the Kitchen Aids aren't that good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%