I'm So Stupid...cake Not Due Till Tomorrow!!

Decorating By Normita Updated 23 Jul 2011 , 10:28pm by Normita

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 8

I dont know what I was thinking....I had the date right in my calender, but for some reason I thought the cake was due today, but the party is not till tomorrow!! I swear, I am soooo pissed off!! I realized this when the cake was about 75% done. I dont even want to think about what an idiot I would have looked like if I would have delivered it and nobody was there!

I know the cake will still be moist and good....but I just like to prep and decorate the cake 1 day before its due or even the day of the party. I just dont want the fondant to be all dried out.

I guess on the flip side...I have more time to make it look nicer than what I think it was going to come out. All I have to say is UGGGGGH!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_mad.gif

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 8

There is TOTALLY NOTHING WRONG with having the cake completely done and ready 24 - even 48 hours ahead! It will be findicon_smile.gif

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 8

Look on the bright side. Much better than being one day late. icon_wink.gif

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by enoid

Look on the bright side. Much better than being one day late. icon_wink.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

sweetooth0510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth0510 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 8

OK, try baking/decorating and finishing a birthday cake 1 month before the due date ....and calling the client to check what time they were coming to pick it up as they hadn't turned up. Hmmmm, played the blonde card and made out I had phoned the wrong client ..... it would appear I had filed the order in the wrong month.

Your cake will be perfect, just concentrate on how efficient you have been.icon_cool.gif

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 8

I have done a cake a month in advance twice! Do dont worry aobut one day!

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 8:39pm
post #7 of 8

I prefer to aim to get it done 24hrs ahead in case of any delays or something going wrong, atleast then you have time to fix it.

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 10:28pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks guys for all your supporting comments!! I know there is nothing wrong with having it done a day in advance...,I just am anal about certain things and can't believe I made that mistake.

I wasn't too thrilled about some stuff so now I have plenty of time to make it all perfect icon_smile.gif I guess it worse to have it one day late!!

So I guess I can sleep in tomorrow icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%