What Is Your Portfolio Format?

Business By lrlt2000 Updated 24 Jul 2011 , 5:58am by scp1127

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, another question about portfolios, but I thought I'd make this a separate post for the benefit of others.

What format do you use for your portfolio? Is it a standard photo album with slip in pouches? A photo book made through a computer photo application? Is it exclusively online?

Also, is your portfolio form different for different purposes: employment opportunity/resume versus clients?

Thanks!

6 replies
jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 2:44pm
post #2 of 7

I have my portfolio on the Ipad using the Portfolio app. My photo binder was getting so banged up, so I just decided it was time to dive into technology. The brides and grooms love it because they can zoom in on specific details of cakes.I also have them sorted into round, square, other shapes and cupcakes, which helps organize them.
I have my contract on the Ipad too, so they can sign it there and I email it to them right away.

lrlt2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lrlt2000 Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 7

Jenmat: why would you use that app versus just synching a photo album through iPhoto or something? I went to look at that app and it is not free icon_smile.gif Just wondering.

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 7

Mine is in a 3 ring binder. I mainly have photos provided by photographers.

I have them organized to talk about cake terminology: tiers, stacked, pillars, fondant, buttercream.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 7

I have a book that I printed on Snapfish. Every single person comments that they really like the book, it's nice and clean and organized...

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 7

Nope, not free, but tax deductible. icon_smile.gif
You can use their iphoto feature, but its not nearly as nice as far as look professional. The Portfolio app has a lot more customization features, and allows you to lock it so the customer can't get into other parts of the ipad. You can organize it a little better and customize the colors, etc.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 24 Jul 2011 , 5:58am
post #7 of 7

Mine are on my site with an enlargement option. Also other views are available.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%