Requesting Pineapple Filling Recipe For Cake

Baking By cakewhiz Updated 27 Aug 2011 , 3:23am by All4Show

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 9

I am searching for a pineapple filling recipe for a cake. Does anyone have one they especially like and would like to share with me? Thank you so very much.

8 replies
KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:13pm
post #2 of 9

Have you considered Pineapple Curd. There are a number of recipes out there some calling for crushed pineapple, and some calling for just the juice.

Just google 'Pineapple Curd'

HTH
Kat

jlcalvert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcalvert Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 9
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 9

I simmer crushed pineapple (a 20oz can) until almost all the liquid is gone (concentrates the flavor). Allow to cool completely.
Beat 4 oz unsalted butter, 8 oz cream cheese until well combined and on the fluffy side of life. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 1/2-1 cup powdered sugar and beat it until thorougly combined. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add cooled pineapple. Again, beat until thoroughly combined. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add 4 cups (can add more or less, to your liking) of pre-whipped Bettercreme (or similar product. Cool whip is also usable but not as stable as the Bettercreme.). Beat well. Scrape down sides of bowl. Beat another 30 seconds to a minute to be sure all is combined. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator until needed. Best to make at least an hour ahead so that it can cool down from all that beating.

It is also makes an amazing refrigerator pie when made with Cool Whip and poured into a graham cracker crust...top with a mixture of equal parts sour cream and cool whip and sprinkle coconut over the top...daaaaaaaaaayum! It is gooooooooood!

cakewhiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewhiz Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you all so very much for your suggestions and recipes......I check them all out. This will help me so much.

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 9

Totally off topic but Kat, your mention of Pineapple Curd gave me a great idea for some Pina Colada cupcakes!!! Off to make me some pineapple curd for a baking adventure tomorrow!! LOL

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 3:40am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSuzieQ

Totally off topic but Kat, your mention of Pineapple Curd gave me a great idea for some Pina Colada cupcakes!!! Off to make me some pineapple curd for a baking adventure tomorrow!! LOL

Fabulous idea.......now you've got my wheels turning!

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 23 Jul 2011 , 4:43am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatsSuiteCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSuzieQ

Fabulous idea.......now you've got my wheels turning!

That is why I love this site so much! It constantly makes my wheels turn!!

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 3:23am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcalvert

You might want to try this recipe:
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/14216/simple-pineapple-filling-2

Frpm the comments it sounds like this one is a no go. Maybe if you like pineapple soup.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%