What Do I Need To Do To Get This Color?

Decorating By D1976 Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 6:44pm by Elcee

D1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
D1976 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing my cousins wedding in a few weeks. She is having a cupcake wedding. She wants the cupcake piped and this color in this link from the Pink Cake Box.

http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/zebra-print-sweet-16-cupcake-stand-2009-12-28.htm

I had some leftover frosting from something else and used Americolor Electric Green. She said she still wanted a little darker. Like a dark lime green or candy apple green. Here's a picture of what I colored. See attachment below.

Do I need to just keep adding electric green color or add a little leaf green to it. Any thoughts? Anyone done this color scheme before. Thanks.

I can't get the attachment of mine to work. thumbsdown.gif

3 replies
ladij153 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladij153 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 4

Maybe just a touch of black to deepen it? or one of the darker green colors of petal dust or gel color?

KJF1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJF1985 Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1976

I'm doing my cousins wedding in a few weeks. She is having a cupcake wedding. She wants the cupcake piped and this color in this link from the Pink Cake Box.

http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/zebra-print-sweet-16-cupcake-stand-2009-12-28.htm

I had some leftover frosting from something else and used Americolor Electric Green. She said she still wanted a little darker. Like a dark lime green or candy apple green. Here's a picture of what I colored. See attachment below.

Do I need to just keep adding electric green color or add a little leaf green to it. Any thoughts? Anyone done this color scheme before. Thanks.

I can't get the attachment of mine to work. thumbsdown.gif

I just picked up a "lime green" color by Cake Crafts and it'd be great for making that color. I've recently tried using an electric orange by americolor and it just wasn't as neon as I wanted. I do like putting just a touch of black in my colors to give them more dimension.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 4

D1976, I think your first instinct was a good one. I'd add a little leaf green to the electic. You're still working with the leftover practice color, right? maybe divide it and try a few different combinations until you get what you (or she) wants.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%