Airbrushing A Bow Gold

Decorating By fedra Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 3:15am by icer101

fedra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fedra Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 2:30am
post #1 of 3

I will be making a wedding cake in August. It will be 3 tiers with a large fondant/gumpaste bow attached to the 2nd tier. The bow color is to be gold. I have purchased an airbrush machine which is to be delivered next week. My question is: Should I airbrush all the flat bow pieces gold prior to forming and attaching them together to form the bow or should I airbrush the entire bow as a whole once I have formed it? Also, should I color the fondant a certain color prior to Airbrushing, like maybe ivory? I am not sure if a gold gel color exists for fondant. Thanks in advance!
Fedra

2 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 3:06am
post #2 of 3

Americolor makes a gold color that is sort of a mustardy yellow...you can tint the fondant with that first (gumpaste, whatever)....

I would probably airbrush the pieces...let dry....assemble....let dry....then airbrush a final time and let dry again. So you'll want to start like a week ahead if its going to be a large bow that needs drying time like that.

Good luck!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 3:15am
post #3 of 3

you can make your bow from white fondant/gp or strickly g/p(i use only g/p) then use gold sheen airbrush color. Have a pic or two in my photos of doing this. I assemble the bow, the airbrush. Very easy. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%