Help Please!!

Decorating By sccandwbfan Updated 18 Jul 2011 , 4:31pm by sccandwbfan

sccandwbfan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sccandwbfan Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 8

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2098448

This is a picture of a cake that my first bride has of her wedding cake made by a bakery in MT; she is having a reception here this weekend. She would like me to replicate this S on the top of 22 single layer 8" cakes. Any advise on the best way to do this?

TIA
Christy

They deleted my photo icon_sad.gif I'll try to attach it, but nothing I've ever tried to attach has worked. Wish me luck.

7 replies
pastrygirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirls Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 8

it says the photo you linked to doesnt exist.

JessiesCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessiesCreations Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 8

Can't access the link either

sccandwbfan Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 8

Why won't anything ever attach right for me. What am I doing wrong?

sccandwbfan Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:36pm
post #5 of 8

Okay, it's obvious that I will never be able to attach anything on this website. Let me try to explain what it looks like.

It's flat, not raised up on the cake, but the letter looks like one fluid motion, but the width of the letter changes from thinner to thicker. Almost like caligraphy but it's a print letter at a slight angle.

bakingpw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingpw Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:42pm
post #6 of 8

Without seeing what it is you want, I'm guessing: I would make the design the appropriate size and duplicate it onto a piece of paper (can you use the computer?) Do as many as you can on one piece of paper. Slide the paper under a piece of parchment paper. Melt some compound chocolate, place it in a small cone and cut the tip. Follow the design and pipe directly on the parchment. It will set up in minutes. Carefully slide an offset pallet knife (or something with flat edge) under and pick up and place on top of each cake.
Hope this helps!

klutzy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klutzy_baker Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 8

Do you have the image URL? If so, perhaps you can post it (or PM it to me) and I can see if I can get it to show up.

sccandwbfan Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 8

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2101601

Thank you for trying to help me; I ended up just making a thin replica of the initial, pressing it into the top of the cake and pipe a tip 10 letter since I couldn't figure out the other way. The bride loved them, so I guess all turned out well. icon_smile.gif

Thanks again,

Christy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%