I Need A Buddy.

Lounge By juleskaye518 Updated 25 Jul 2011 , 4:11am by scp1127

juleskaye518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleskaye518 Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 8

I just moved to Chesapeake, VA (military spouse) and am having a hard time of it. My DH had to go to RI for school (just glad it isn't a deployment.) and I really only know 2 people here. If anyone in the area is wanting to get together for tea, thrift store shopping or whatever (I have a 6 year old boy) PM me.
Until then
Hanging tough and baking

7 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 2:45pm
post #2 of 8

Sorry I'm not closer. However, check out the Tidewater Cake group (I'm sorry, I just can't remember the exact name of it). They are a group of cakers that get together. Also, check out a place called Party Cakes and Things. The woman, who's name I'll mangle if I try to spell it, is super nice, and you might find some people there. I'm sure many people are in the same boat you're in!

juleskaye518 Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:30am
post #3 of 8

Thanks cake guy!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 8

Hey, and if worse comes to worse, you can always hang out with some of us on Facebook. I'm cabescakes on facebook. Look me up. I try to get on and mingle every once in a while. I am always glad to talk cake or whatever. You can never have to many Facebook buddies! LOL.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 18 Jul 2011 , 11:21pm
post #5 of 8

There is a cake show in Virginia Beach in October. Lots of great classes. Just google Virginia cake show tidewater. My guess is you will meet LOTS of other military spouses.

juleskaye518 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:43am
post #6 of 8

I just sent off my entry to the Tidewater Cake Show!!! I am going to enter 4 cakes and have already started on the gumpaste stuff for the wedding one. Never entered a real cake contest so I am REALLY excited!!!!!!

juleskaye518 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 3:44am
post #7 of 8

And Cabes... thanks!!!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 25 Jul 2011 , 4:11am
post #8 of 8

jules, I am from tidewater VA and I watch all of their discussions here on CC, even though I don't join in. There are many CC members in the area and hopefully they will see this thread.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%