Wedding Cake Design Pro

Decorating By louicakes Updated 17 Jul 2011 , 12:41am by platinumlady

louicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louicakes Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 4:50am
post #1 of 8

hi, was wondering has anyone used this software in designing cakes? and was it helpful. any comments would be helpful. thanks

7 replies
dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 15 Jul 2011 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 8

I do not have it, but looked at it. I did not like the idea of keep paying extra for each additional feature

Jojoscakes1000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jojoscakes1000 Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 8

I also agree you only get the minimal basics for a very expensive program and you have to buy for any additional features, for me its not worth it. I just use old fashioned pencil and papericon_smile.gif

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 8

Hi! I have the "Wedding Cake Design Pro". I have been using it since 2007. At that time the the program was relatively new. I have been able to design a lot of cakes with the program, even without the addition of the other programs. I love my program, it allow me to use colors or patterns that with hand sketching I would be drawing and erasing a lot. Some art mediums are not so forgiving, which I also do as well, but this program has really helped me to visualize most of my projects. I'm retired, I really don't have the additional funds right now for the add-ons, maybe one day. The gentlemen who developed the program for his wife who is a cake baker is an absolutely great guy. He helped me by phone when I had a problem getting the program to work when the Vista computer systems first came out in 2007. I will never forget his kindness. I hope this helps anyone thinking about using the product. Feel free to look at my pictures. In some pictures you will see the design from the program added or in the backgrounds of the cake.
Best Wishes

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 8

I also have the Wedding cake pro and have Vista on my computer. I have never been able to get it to work. HamSquad if you have any helpful hints for me I would be over the top happy!

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 4:12pm
post #6 of 8

If you having problems with your Vista system working with your Wedding Cake Design Pro e-mail
"Scott Fillman"<[email protected]> or go to the website's contact us. Mr. Fillman was wonderful. HTH

dcarylmk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dcarylmk Posted 16 Jul 2011 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks! I'll try to contact him!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 17 Jul 2011 , 12:41am
post #8 of 8

I have it & love it. The additional features are not that much...when you actually add the ones up that you will use & whether it is a CD or Comp Download ... the program is still less expensive to other comparable software out there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%