Edible Image Printer...

Decorating By caked4life Updated 22 Jul 2011 , 11:26am by Mikel79

caked4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caked4life Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 7:59pm
post #1 of 8

Hi,

Need opinions...Is the Canon MP560 a good edible printer to purchase?

TIA

7 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 8

Hi:
It is a great printer. We have sold them for years....when we sell, we also support. It has been replaced recently with the Canon mg5220. Both printers can use the spongefree cartrdiges that are avaiable giving you more ink per print and food grade cartridges. The printer seems a bit faster and it has made it through all our testing and seems to be just as good if not better than the 560. You are making a great choice no matter which you choose. Let me know if you have any questions, I will be glad to assist you.

Baker_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baker_Rose Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 8

Is the Cannon mg5220 a regular printer that also uses food grade cartridges? I looked it up and it seems to be a normal printer, but then I saw the food cartridges?

Tami icon_smile.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 11 Jul 2011 , 11:17pm
post #4 of 8

I have an MP560 and LOVE it! My first edible image printer was an Epson CX"something", and I couldn't rave about it enough...until my black print head clogged. Two weeks and several failed attempts at unclogging it, I gave up and bought a Canon. I will NEVER own anything but Canon for edible image printing...for the sheer fact that I can remove the print head, wash it/unclog it if necessary, and place it back in the printer! I will say that I thought the Epson printed more vibrant images....WHEN it printed icon_smile.gif

Good luck with your decision/printer!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 12:42am
post #5 of 8

I will have to agree with you cambo. THe CAnon is definately more reliable. The epson does have a bit better colors however, with our gold labeled inks, the Canon is now coming close and even beating the epsons in some color tests that I have done. Today I was testing a customers printer and I took four color blocks and they were almost identical with the mp560 Gold Labeled cartridges. I guess with any edible printer, you cant get exact with either printer, but you can come really close now a days! Glad you are enjoying the mp560!

caked4life Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Hi:
It is a great printer. We have sold them for years....when we sell, we also support. It has been replaced recently with the Canon mg5220. Both printers can use the spongefree cartrdiges that are avaiable giving you more ink per print and food grade cartridges. The printer seems a bit faster and it has made it through all our testing and seems to be just as good if not better than the 560. You are making a great choice no matter which you choose. Let me know if you have any questions, I will be glad to assist you.

Thanks so much! I'm sure I will be contacting your company for the edible ink.

caked4life Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo

I have an MP560 and LOVE it! My first edible image printer was an Epson CX"something", and I couldn't rave about it enough...until my black print head clogged. Two weeks and several failed attempts at unclogging it, I gave up and bought a Canon. I will NEVER own anything but Canon for edible image printing...for the sheer fact that I can remove the print head, wash it/unclog it if necessary, and place it back in the printer! I will say that I thought the Epson printed more vibrant images....WHEN it printed icon_smile.gif

Good luck with your decision/printer!

Thank you so much, Cambo, for your response. I'm off the get my printer tonight, hopefully!

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 22 Jul 2011 , 11:26am
post #8 of 8

Anything Canon is a must!

Canon makes a great product.

I have a CanonIP4700

Here is a image that came from that printer...

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2104267

HTH

Michael

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%