I Need Your Expertise, Please(Long)...

Decorating By debbek152 Updated 3 Jul 2011 , 3:02pm by debbek152

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I am making a baseball cake for my grandson with a STL. Cardinals theme. He wants alot of items on there and I have a few ideas of my own. I am just not sure how to incorporate it all or what to leave out and make it cute and cohesive. I am asking for your opinions and suggestions to help me design a cool cake for him. I want to make the cakeboard look like a baseball diamond with the cake in the middle and the topper be aglove with baseball in it. I want to incorporate a jersey, shoe, ball cap, popcorn, peanuts, bats, and possibly pennants and Fredbird. I thought about using baseball cakeballs for one border and maybe peanuts for another border. Any and all suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance. icon_smile.gif

3 replies
mocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakes Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 4

First and foremost.....GO CARDINALS!!!!

With that being said, I love your idea of baseball cakeballs around the border! That would be so cute! Honestly speaking though, I don't think you need to incorporate too much. I think it would take away from your cake if you try to do too much with it.

I say pick a few of those things and it will be great! Good luck...can't wait to see it posted!

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 2:50pm
post #3 of 4

Hi debbek152,
Did you try searching in the pic gallery? There's a lot of great ideas there for baseball themes. Also, Cakegirls did a very cute baseball cake a few years ago. Try googleing them and you should find it.

I remembering seeing a baseball cake once; not sure if it was here or Flickr.... (it's been awhile, LOL) It seems like it was three tiers; first was shaped like a home plate and had grass piped on the sides then there was white piping along the top for the markings to represent the ball diamond, I'm sure you get the idea. The second tier was round and had the colors of the team and was striped like the jersey would be. The third tier was the baseball glove and had a ball resting inside. You could possiblly put some of the other items you're considering around the cake board. HTH's.

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you all so much for your imput. I agree I need to weed out some of the things to go on it. That was my biggest problem! I did see the baseball cake the Cakegirls made and that is sort of what I am going for without copying their design. I will post pics. The party is not until the 29th of this month. Thank you all again. (I tend to suffer from overdecoratingitis sometimes and need to be reeled in!) lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%