Flower Cutters

Decorating By galidink Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 7:50pm by ctackett

galidink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galidink Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 7

can any1 helpo me ? iv been trying to make a water lillie icon_redface.gif what cutter should i use ? icon_biggrin.gif help ! icon_lol.gif

6 replies
soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo_gateaux Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 7

If you want to check out one of my cakes (the lily pad princess and frog prince one icon_smile.gif i made water lilies by using a simple wilton daisy cutter, cut 2 different sizes (1 small and 2 medium in total). I then put them together and dried them in a water bottle cap. I thought they worked out! Good luck!

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 12:19am
post #4 of 7

mo_gateaux, can you tell me how you made the cattails? I love the cake and would like to make something like that for my son-in-laws-birthday. Thank you in advance for the help.
evelyn

mo_gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mo_gateaux Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 12:51am
post #5 of 7

Hi cakegrandma, i'm flattered! i actually just used raw spaghetti and painted it with regular green food colouring and put a bit of brown fondant at the top. I stuck it into my fondant covered board and used the grass to help secure it in place. Good luck!

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 3 Jul 2011 , 1:21am
post #6 of 7

I used cymbidium orchid cutters, but you can also just draw a pattern and cut them out. I do it all the time. I have a water lily cake in my album is you want to take a peak. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1738743

ctackett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctackett Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOjQLjcLy7c&feature=related I could get this to work on the comment on the carnation pic. here is the tutorial I used

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%