Sps System : Do You Leave It There Or Do You Get It Back

Decorating By claribou Updated 2 Jul 2011 , 7:51pm by lorenaortegarox

claribou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claribou Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 7

Hello

I'm contemplating the idea of buying sps system for stacking my cakes since I'm starting to have order for much bigger cakes.

I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question : do you loose it when used on a cake or do you re-use it on other cakes ? And if you re-use it, do you ask for a safety deposit (sorry for the term, I have no idea how this is called in English) ? And if you don't re-use it, do you add the charge on the price of the cake ? How much does it cost for let's say a 4 tier cake (12-10-8-6) ?

Thanks in advance for your unput on this

Isabelle

6 replies
Genny_yummies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Genny_yummies Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:03pm
post #2 of 7

I'll say I haven't used the SPS system, but want to get it so bad. I would say that you would just get a deposit to cover the SPS system in case it isn't returned, but it should be expected back to be used on other orders.
Good luck!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 7

I have the cost built into the price of my cakes. The pieces are meant to be disposable so I don't have the customers return them.

AnotherCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCaker Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:06pm
post #4 of 7

Heck no I don't want that stuff back, it's disposable. I have reused it when it was for personal use, but no, I do not want it back. It gets worked into the price.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 7

What they said. It is disposable so you don't want it back, and yes, definitely build the cost into the cake.

claribou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claribou Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys.

lorenaortegarox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorenaortegarox Posted 2 Jul 2011 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 7

where do you get an sps system?! i want to try that but i have no clue what it is or where to start

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%