Does Anyone Use A 24 Count Muffin /cupcake Pan ?thoughts?

Baking By millicente Updated 27 Jun 2011 , 8:05pm by DaniNicole

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 7

Hello I think i would like to have a 24 count cupcake pan. What types works or should I just stick to regular 12. what size cup cale can is standard?

6 replies
HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 7

I got mine when the school I use to be a cook at decided not to bake everything on site due to cost issues. They are commercial grade pans and I love them. I have found that turning the pans 1/2 way through the baking time helps with even baking. Don't know if it is just my oven but it works for me. I can make large batches much faster, I have 6 pans altogether. I still use my 12's a lot too though. I also have one 15 muffin pan, weird... But it bakes nicely!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:22pm
post #3 of 7

That's all I use for cupcakes. I make it a point to turn the pan 180 degrees, so they heat a little more evenly. Mine are steel, coated with a darker non-stick coating, similar to the ones they sell in Wally-World.

I bought them at a restaurant supply store. I have to tell you, I hated baking cupcakes until I bought them. Before, with the thin aluminum pans, they always came out as dry as a new sponge and quickly turned as hard as cannon balls.

Since using these pans, which are slightly heavier in weight, and reducing my temperature to 325 degrees, they are no-fail for me now.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 7

I use commercial cup cake pans that I bought from a Montessori school that no longer was going to bake, etc.... I have two pans for a total of 48 and bake in my own oven...makes it so easy when I only have to bake one time...cuts down on the electricity, heat, stress, etc.

What makes it easy is that I can make the batter, put it in the pans, freeze it, and then have 48 cup cakes ready to bake at any time that it is needed. Well worth having for sure!!!!!!

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 7

I've used the 24-cup muffin pan many times but prefer the 12-cup for one reason: the smaller pan is lighter/easier to handle. Less stress on my hands.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 7:51pm
post #6 of 7

I use 24-cup pans too. I'm not sure of the brand, though.

DaniNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaniNicole Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 7

I use the ones from Thunder Group, got them from Amazon, for like $15 each...It really does help to have the 2 dozen pan, makes baking cupcakes go by so much faster! They are darker coated, and non stick...haven't had any baking issues either, they work great! I highly suggest them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%