Has Anyone Seen Bake Decorate Celebrate?

Decorating By missy77510 Updated 25 Jan 2007 , 3:21am by MommyBunny

missy77510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missy77510 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 10:13am
post #1 of 21

I was on the Wilton website and seen they have a show called Bake decorate celebrate, I was just wondering if anyone on CC has seen the show.

If you are interested in watching it here is a link to find out when it comes on in your areas. I think it usually comes on PBS channel
http://www.bakedecoratecelebrate.com/stations/index.cfm
I think I am going to check it out but It doesn't come on in houston until next week

20 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 10:26am
post #2 of 21

Thanks for the heads up missy icon_smile.gif

denise4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise4 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 10:55am
post #3 of 21

I am so jealous of you all....... we have NO CAKE PROGRAMMES at all on tv icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 11:08am
post #4 of 21

I wanted to watch, but it does not come on any of the NJ/Philadelphia PBS stations. From what I see on the Wilton discussion forums, some folks think it is way too basic, others like it. Guess we would have to see it to judge for ourselves.

deb

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 11:41am
post #5 of 21

It is pretty basic alot of the time but they do have good ideas that spark other ideas when you watch it. Kinda like the wilton yearbooks. Ya, know how somw stuff is pretty simple but it inspres you to do something else. Then there times the projects get a little more in depth, but it 's not a hardcore instrctional show, more for fun and brainstorming.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:07pm
post #6 of 21

I've only been able to catch the show one time since it's on in the middle of the afternoon. Always forget. Have heard pro's and con's on it. If I can remember, I liked it cuz it was basic. I'm sure the more experienced might find it boring. Wish I could catch in but now I'm working at that time, but I enjoyed it.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 21

Darn! I check the listings and it doesn't air in my area. Oh, well, I guess it is only a matter of time. icon_rolleyes.gif

2sdae Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 21

I have a hard time whatching it also as it comes on at 10:30 am here so I'm always wrapped up in cleaning and errands with my 2 yaer old!!! icon_mad.gif I need to remember to record it!!!!!! icon_confused.gif

cakesoncall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesoncall Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:25pm
post #9 of 21

I've seen it a couple of times. I think it's kinda boring myself...and the woman that does it is annoying (and really not even that good). The other woman just fawns over her...ugh, I guess the whole show just rubs me the wrong way. But obviously it works for enough people or it wouldn't still be airing. Just not my cup of tea.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 12:34pm
post #10 of 21

To me, it is one of those take it or leave it...very boring icon_cry.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 1:14pm
post #11 of 21

VERY BORING...and annoying

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:21pm
post #12 of 21

I still keep an eye on shows like that... you never know when something you didn't know comes up or forgot about a technique...

Do they show the cookie decorating too?

2sdae Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:36pm
post #13 of 21

I think I've seen cookies, but usually at holiday times more

Bradymom6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bradymom6 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:49pm
post #14 of 21

It isn't showing in my area either. I would really like to see it since I am new to cake decorating.

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:51pm
post #15 of 21

It's not available in my area.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 2:53pm
post #16 of 21

I have never watched it but I did go into the community and boy, there was a spat going on there about the hosts and how unprofessional the one is and how the one gets her head bit off and how the projects while in demo mode look bad...

It was almost like a soap opera.

I do wish I could watch it though for ideas and tips... but I don't have it.

icon_sad.gif

CupCake13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake13 Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 4:05am
post #17 of 21

I have a solution to those who find it annoying...

Turn on your closed caption and turn off your sound. LOLOL icon_biggrin.gif

mrsdawnwhite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsdawnwhite Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 4:09am
post #18 of 21

It doesn't come on in this area either.. Maybe I should just order the video!!

Marissaisabel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marissaisabel Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 4:18am
post #19 of 21

To me the show is pretty basic. They pretty much do the same cakes like in the year books and most of the ideas you can just get off the Wilton or BakeCelebratedecorate web sites. At times they are pretty boring. At first I wanted to buy the DVDs but like I said its the same as the website and the year books and I think the people on cc are more creative and less boring.LOL on your choice.

Dennysse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dennysse Posted 24 Jan 2007 , 4:19am
post #20 of 21

I only look at the website for the ideas,techniques and recipes.Need to check the show.

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 3:21am
post #21 of 21

The show has it's happy days and not so happy. I record them but usually end up fast forwarding them. LOL

Patricia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%