Cookie Pricing

Baking By lilsis Updated 30 Jul 2011 , 12:20pm by blissfulbaker

lilsis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilsis Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 2:07pm
post #1 of 8

any suggestions? I detest this part of baking for friends and family! I used Pennys recipe with a royal-ish type of icing.....there are 5 doz cookies...
Thanks in advance for any advice!

oops -- wouldn't let me post picture --- they are the graduation cookies in my photos....

7 replies
ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 8

I just did 5 dozen graduation cookies for $100.00. $20.00 a dozen. Don't underprice yourself. It takes a lot of time and effort to do 5 dz. cookies. HTH.

redvelvet4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redvelvet4u Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 12:53am
post #3 of 8

I price my cookies per each, based on details of decor added, like fondant accents of flowers on wedding cookies, other 3-d elements, etc. I do discount for volume on the per piece price. Price also depends on packaging, whether individually packaged in cello bags with options of ribbon tie, or seal, personalized labels, and size is a factor also. My base price is 1.25, small cookie, limited details, cello with seal.

blissfulbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulbaker Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 1:27am
post #4 of 8

Cookies like that would cost $2.00 to $3 each in my area of Chicago.

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 1:31am
post #5 of 8

I usually charge $4.00 per cookie. Which is a very detailed decorated sugar cut out cookie, bagged, closed with satin ribbon and then has a custom tag added for the event. I have always gone by the rule of $1.00 an inch for decorated cookies. I am in PA and don't have any problem with people paying my pricing.

redvelvet4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redvelvet4u Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 3:43am
post #6 of 8

Thanks for the input, I had not heard of the 1.00 per inch rule, but that is basically what my pricing comes out to, as the 1.25 is for a small pacifier cookie about 1.5 inches. I will definitely aodpt that rule for sure.

JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 4:10am
post #7 of 8

Just looked at the cookies! They are awesome, great work! I have not sold any cookies yet, but don't under sell yourself...I do this kind of thing for holidays with my grandkids and it's very time consuming.
icon_smile.gif

blissfulbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blissfulbaker Posted 30 Jul 2011 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 8

I also like that idea of a $1 per inch. What a great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%