White Chocolate Cake

Baking By VentureSister Updated 27 Jun 2011 , 4:31am by scp1127

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 24 Jun 2011 , 2:26pm
post #1 of 8

Been wanting to try to make a white chocolate cake recipe. Can't seem to find ways other than adding melted white chocolate to the batter. Did see the white chocolate creme brulee recipe, but don't want the brulee this time around. Vaguely remember (a long time ago) someone else asking how to do this, but can't find the thread to save my life.
Any recipe suggestions to try?
Please and thank you.

7 replies
brandy7909 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandy7909 Posted 25 Jun 2011 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 8

I have done it with just a plain white cake mix and added a white chocolate pudding box, it was pretty good.

VentureSister Posted 26 Jun 2011 , 1:48am
post #3 of 8

Thanks. Will give that a shot.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 3:58am
post #4 of 8

Do you want scratch?

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 4:04am
post #5 of 8

scp, if you know a scratch recipe, I'd love to see it!

TBEANZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TBEANZ Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 4:15am
post #6 of 8

Hi there,

I was trying to find a white choc recipe also and came across this white choc mud recipe, so moist and tasty. Best to use good quality white choc. I am also from New Zealand so you may have to convert a few of the measurements:

Serves about 16.

We use a 20ml tablespoon and 250ml measuring cup for all of our recipes.

300g white chocolate (we use Cadbury Dream white chocolate)
200g butter
250ml (1 cup) milk
165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
2 teaspoons (10ml) vanilla extract
2 large eggs, lightly beaten (we use eggs with a minimum weight of 59g)
100g (2/3 cup) self-raising flour
150g (1 cup) plain flour

Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (145 degrees Celsius fan-forced).

Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line the base and sides of the pan with baking paper.

Place chocolate, butter, milk and sugar in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat when chocolate and butter have melted, and stir mixture until completely smooth. Allow mixture to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.

Add vanilla and eggs to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. © exclusivelyfood.com.au

Stir flours together in a large bowl. Add one cup of chocolate mixture to the flour and stir until a smooth paste forms.
Repeat with another cup of the chocolate mixture.
Add remaining chocolate mixture and stir until mixture is smooth. This gradual method of combining the wet and dry ingredients helps prevent lumps.

Pour mixture into prepared pan.
Bake for about 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes. When the cake is ready, a fine-bladed knife inserted into the centre of the cake should come out without any batter attached.

Loosely cover cake with greaseproof paper or a clean tea towel and allow it to cool to room temperature in pan.

The cooled cake can be iced with the white chocolate ganache immediately (see directions below), or stored and then iced on the day of serving.

Store cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving. The cake is suitable to freeze iced or uniced.

VentureSister Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 4:30am
post #7 of 8

Thanks for the recipe. Will try it soon. Can't wait.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Jun 2011 , 4:31am
post #8 of 8

It is in Rose Levy Berenbaum's, "Heavenly Cakes" book. I don't reproduce copyrighted material, but it is on the internet. Just leave out the zest. I adapt this recipe to several of my cakes. It's a perfect compliment to so many flavors. A few tips: DO NOT test with a toothpick. It will deflate. Use a flower nail on all sizes and wrap with baking strips. The cake gets a deeper golden color when it is ready and the sides pull away. Do not under cook.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/taste/recipes/120789079.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%