Fresh Raspberry Filling Covered In Fondant-Do I Leave It Out

Decorating By EGB09302006 Updated 20 Jun 2011 , 4:37pm by crazybus

EGB09302006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EGB09302006 Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 2:55pm
post #1 of 2

I have agreed to make a white cake with raspberry filling covered in fondant. I have refrigerated one fondant cake before and it got all sweaty and slimy so I haven't done it again. I think with using fresh fruit it needs to be refridgerated? The party is one Sat but I will be delivering on Friday evening as I have to be out of town. Does anyone have any tips? Also there will be black checkers on the side so if it sweats the black will likely run onto the white! Ack, I might have to change up the "fresh raspberries" and do a raspberry flavour filling instead.

1 reply
crazybus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazybus Posted 20 Jun 2011 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 2

Hi there!

I have made cakes with fresh Raspberries (cut in half), and some that I have pureed the fresh raspberries.

I have gone a total of 12 - 15 hours and kept cool (not refrigerated) and it has been okay.

DO NOT WASH YOUR RASPBERRIES! Washing them starts the bacteria process and they begin to go bad sooner.

You should, however take a damp paper towel to them (sort of like when you wash mushrooms). icon_smile.gif

If you do wash them...make sure you dry them with tons of paper towels.

This has worked successfully for me...but I do think you should let them know about keeping the cake cool.

Goodluck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%