Love The Unexpected Compliments!

Decorating By VaBelle Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 1:39am by VaBelle

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 4

I made a ballet cake last week for my friend's daughter. It was for her ballet recital, but also because the in-laws came to visit for the first time. I called my friend today to see how her daughter did in the recital and how she liked her cake and I got the compliments of how pretty, the in-laws took pictures and texted them to other family and friends, and then the unexpected compliment. After eating cake, they cut the rest up, but was too tired/lazy to cover them up. The next day they expected the edges to be dry, but was surprised to find them still moist! So now they think I have some super secret recipe. So while I was happy to hear that they liked the look of the cake, I'm beyond delighted that the taste and moistness was raved about just as much, if not more. I only bake for family and friends so I get the compliments on the look of my cakes and the taste of the fillings, but not much on the cake. Just had to share a good vent!

3 replies
katnmouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katnmouse Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 7:55pm
post #2 of 4

thumbs_up.gif

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 4

That's awsome! So nice to see a good vent. I looked at the cake, it's beautiful icon_smile.gif

VaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VaBelle Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 1:39am
post #4 of 4

Thanks! It's definitely my favorite so far.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%