Pattern Transfer

Decorating By traiaberg Updated 16 Jun 2011 , 1:07am by traiaberg

traiaberg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traiaberg Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 6

I am doing a 6 inch cake with a 4.5 inch Sheriff's star on top. My question is will it be better to do a FBCT or just Gel transfer I fill in?

5 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 6

I like the FBCT's because they give you a flat decoration. icon_smile.gif

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 6

I have never used the gel, so I can't compare the two, but I LOVE FBCT !!

Reyna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reyna Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 6

MODELING CHOCOLATE is my favorite! you can see most of my recent cakes all my decorations are modeling chocolate or a mix of mod choc and fondant. works Awsome and very very easy to carve

traiaberg Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 12:19am
post #5 of 6

@ TexasSugar are they really flat? I just watched a tutorial on it since I have never done one and it looked raised almost with a 3D look to it. I have only used the gel transfer once and did not like how it came out nor the ease of its application. I have not had a need to do any transfers until now and since my cake and transfer was so small I did not want to overwhelm the cake. Maybe there is more than the Wilton technique to use the FBCT??
Thank you everyone for your useful answers and I would love to try the chocolate version icon_smile.gif
Thanks to all for replying icon_smile.gif

traiaberg Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 1:07am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyna

MODELING CHOCOLATE is my favorite! you can see most of my recent cakes all my decorations are modeling chocolate or a mix of mod choc and fondant. works Awsome and very very easy to carve

Reyna I just looked at "all" your amazing cakes all I have to say is WOW what great work... I love the way the your transfers look so clean and perfect looking. I just might have to give it a try Thanks for sharing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%