Cake Boss Computer Program

Decorating By cairocats Updated 12 Jun 2011 , 10:16am by Beckydb5

cairocats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cairocats Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 6

I saw this referenced in one of the posts. I checked it out and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback. It is $150 and that is a lot of money for me. Does it really help that much. I like the idea of being able to tell exactly how much a cake costs to make. It also has a lot of other features that would be very helpful. I would appreciate feedback from anyone that has it. Thanks.

5 replies
Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 8:24pm
post #2 of 6

I just bought it this morning and haven't used it yet but if you click on the Cake Central discount link (on Cake Boss site) it asks for your CC user name and gives you 10% off.

cairocats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cairocats Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:16pm
post #3 of 6

Thank for that info. Can you let me know what you think about it? I wont be able to buy it right away. I would love some personal input. Thanks.

Mamasan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mamasan Posted 11 Jun 2011 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 6

I plan on playing with it tomorrow or Monday so I will let you know my thoughts.

BakerAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnn Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 7:39am
post #5 of 6

Patiently waiting on a version of it made for Macs.

Beckydb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckydb5 Posted 12 Jun 2011 , 10:16am
post #6 of 6

I bought Cake Boss a few months ago and love it! I can figure into my price the cost of all materials, plus my labor. This way I can get a clear picture of what to charge my customers. I do cakes on the side and just started getting into the fondant cakes more. Hence the need to have software so I could price out cakes fairly. I know the price sounds kinda steep, but it is worth it to have everything right there. I REALLY like the calendar view so I can see how my month is shaping up.
Happy Baking!
Becky

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%