Cake Ball Machine

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 10 Jun 2011 , 11:03pm by Tracy7953

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 5

Has anybody seen this? Anybody used it? I'm wondering how good it is... and it looks like you just bake the cake in balls, don't add the frosting

http://www. thekitchn.com/thekitchn/cookware-tools/a-gadget-for-your-cake-pops-babycakes-cake-pop-maker-142376

I put a space inbetween www. and the address, so hopefully the link shows up!! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
nikki4199 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki4199 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 5

I have seen the machine. The only thing is I think they will be dry because theirs no frosting. Unless maybe you simple syrup them. But you still have the cake with no frosting.
Nikki

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 10:21pm
post #3 of 5

It's been reviewed many times on here.

Tug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tug Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 5

I have this. Got it at Kohls on sale and it's cute. It's fast and easier to coat since it's light and does not fall apart.

Taste wise, they taste yummy by themselves....my kids had fun eating them. I even cheat and use a Dunkin Hines box mix.

As for chocolate coated cake balls, they don't compare to the real stuff. I made the "baby-cakes style cake balls" and brought them to work. There were two coworkers there that I had taste-test. One of them have had my "real" cake balls and the other had not. They both said it was good, however, my coworker who's had the real cake balls said the real ones are much better. The coworker who had never had the real ones said these were very good and she really liked them (but she had nothing to compare them to).

I'm keeping the machine simply for the novelty of it. I can make naked cake balls to entertain my kids and their friends. I can also chocolate coat them and give them out at kids birthday parties.

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 10 Jun 2011 , 11:03pm
post #5 of 5

I have this machine too and it makes fun little cake balls. They are not even close to the flavor of the hand rolled with frosting inside kind. To me they taste like those tiny chocolate dipped donuts that come 6 in a pack I had as a kid. The only problemo for me is yet another machine to find room for in the kitchen!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%