Corn On The Cob

Decorating By mowrys Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 2:38pm by 1cakeup

mowrys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mowrys Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 5

Can any of you tell me and give me any suggestion on how to make a realistic corn on the cob from fondant ? I'm making a crawfish boil cake and need to make some corn on the cobs. Please help !!

4 replies
sherry_lyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherry_lyn Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 1:36pm
post #2 of 5

you could use a pearl mold & line them all the way around a rice krispie treat "cob"... just flatten the pearls slightly and that would be very realistic looking.

zacl01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zacl01 Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 5

There is a pic in my photos of a pot with corn and crawfish. I rolled the fondant out in long sections and then swirled them back and forth on the counter to make a "s" shaped over and over again and sliced a knife down the middle section. This made each half of the "s" shape a kernal of corn.

Terrible description but hopefully it will help. Good Luck.

mowrys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mowrys Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 4:51am
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys !!! I will try these techniques. The pearl maker idea is brilliant ! I can't picture this 's' shape thing though.

1cakeup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1cakeup Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 5

I recently made a cob of corn. I made a mold using gum paste and a real cob of corn, rolled the cob acroos a thick piece of gum paste very firmly, then let it dry. Dusted the imprint with powdered sugar and rolled fondant over it. I worked well.
Mine was for a vegetable cake, so I added husks and did pulled sugar for the hair .... which melted by morning, darned humidity!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%