Bake, Cool, And Decorate In 3 Hours?

Decorating By LillyCakes Updated 3 Jun 2011 , 11:21pm by mena2002

LillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LillyCakes Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 11

This is a 6" cake with zebra print and a simple bow. Do u think the is possible? I do not have any black fondant so I am going to paint white fondant black and the bow is just a simple bow in red (that is already made). Do u think I can do it?[/code]

10 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 11

Baking and decorating it? I say no..I like my cakes to cool down well before I decorate them..But thats me..

Edna icon_smile.gif

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 11

Well, I did this one in 3 hours, but the cake was already baked and in my freezer, and the fondant and buttercream were already made. I don't know if you'll have time to cool them properly before you start to decorate with that short a time line.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2053787

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 11

Settling takes several hours. Just that one step.

EmilyJo9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyJo9 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 11

I definitely would not be able to do it. I mean if you've already agreed to do it you don't really have another choice but I never bake and finish in the same day. Good luck!

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 11

I say no for your design as well, even for a 6 inch.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 6:50pm
post #7 of 11

Is it possible? Yes. Is it advisable? Not really, since the cake needs time to settle, as others have mentioned. Have I done it before without any problems? Yes. Was I nervous after I delivered the cake that the customer would call me reporting a "blow out or some other disaster? Yes.

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 11

I wouldn't do it because you would be so stressed for time, that it may not end up as good of a result you wanted..too stressful

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 9:50pm
post #9 of 11

I wouldn't suggest it either. However, I'd worry about painting white fondant black, especially in that time frame. it's much easier to take something dark and turn it black, as opposed to white to black.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 10:41pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

I wouldn't suggest it either. However, I'd worry about painting white fondant black, especially in that time frame. it's much easier to take something dark and turn it black, as opposed to white to black.

I think they're just painting black zebra stripes on the white fondant instead of adding black fondant stripes.

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 11:21pm
post #11 of 11

The cake won't have enough time to cool and it would be too fragile to handle.

I always bake the day before I'm going to decorate it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%