Circut Cutters

Decorating By Candice56 Updated 14 Jun 2011 , 2:23am by tiggy2

Candice56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candice56 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 6

I have never used a curcit cutter before my question is can you use the kind Joann's sells or is there a certian kind for using in cake decorating only. Thanks for any enlightment you can offer. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 12:09am
post #2 of 6

Cricut came out with a cricut cake. My understanding is you can use either the cricut cake or the cricut you find in the stores. You may want to search Cricut under the search option as there are a lot of discussions regarding the Cricut. I would also highly recommend you check out deseretdesigns.com. LInda McClure has done a lot of work with the silhoutte and what is nice about that machine is that you can print using your edible printer then cut out what you have printed using the silhoutte. Pretty cool!

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 12:13am
post #3 of 6

Silhouette all the way icon_smile.gif No expensive cartridges and you can use MTC software to cut any images you can find.

Candice56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candice56 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:26am
post #4 of 6

Thank you I was able to find these with your help icon_biggrin.gif

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 1:17am
post #5 of 6

I can't say enough positive things about my Silhouette. I have been using the icing image icing sheets with my Silhouette quite a lot. I have been able to create some really cute cakes and I love the print and cut feature. There are other machines that can do the same thing, but the Silhouette can cut gum paste or icing sheets if you get it with the cake package.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 2:23am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonniekaye

I can't say enough positive things about my Silhouette. I have been using the icing image icing sheets with my Silhouette quite a lot. I have been able to create some really cute cakes and I love the print and cut feature. There are other machines that can do the same thing, but the Silhouette can cut gum paste or icing sheets if you get it with the cake package.

Exactly whatBonnie said!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%