Fondant Ribbon?? Please Leave Tips.

Decorating By jlcakes Updated 1 Jun 2011 , 7:27pm by jlcakes

jlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcakes Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 5

I am making the following cake:

http://weddings.theknot.com/ODB/themes/realweddings/detailview.aspx?STOPREDIRECTING=TRUE&type=3&id=80817&STOPREDIRECTING=TRUE&wedding%20details=cake&specific%20detail=round%20cakes&ODBTHEMENAME=Real-Weddings&MsdVisit=1

(Sorry, the picture wouldn't upload). I am wondering if there are ways to make the lines of pink fondant (I'm using purple) to stay the same thickness. How do I cut them?

ANY tips of advice is so appreciated!
Thanks!!

4 replies
Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 5

I use the Wilton rolling pin that has guides to slip on the ends and keep the fondant rolled to the same thickness. I purchased a Ribbon cutter tool that allows you to cut ribbons in various widths. I bought mine from Sharon Zambito, I think, (sugaredproductions.com) but I'm sure Global Sugar Arts and other vendors probably sell them as well. They are not sold a hobby stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's though.

Elaine2581 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elaine2581 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

I use the Wilton rolling pin that has guides to slip on the ends and keep the fondant rolled to the same thickness. I purchased a Ribbon cutter tool that allows you to cut ribbons in various widths. I bought mine from Sharon Zambito, I think, (sugaredproductions.com) but I'm sure Global Sugar Arts and other vendors probably sell them as well. They are not sold a hobby stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann's though.

Lovin_Cakes30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovin_Cakes30 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 5

My dad made me a "double pizza cutter" out of two 99 cent pizza cutters. I can take it apart and add different sized nuts and bolts to make it wider etc.... He just took them each apart and found bolts that fit in the hole in the center, then I just add different sized nuts to the center and of course on the outside of each cutter to keep it in place. So easy =) But I do wish it could do different edges like a ribbon cutter can.

jlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcakes Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help! What a great idea to make a "double pizza cutter"!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%