Oreo Cream Flavored Icing?

Baking By pinky73 Updated 18 Jun 2011 , 3:29pm by LindaF144a

pinky73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinky73 Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 16

I had a request for cookies nad cream cupcakes..dark chocolate cupcakes with a oreo cream flavored swirl on top. Does anyone have a recipe they would be willing to share for a frosting like that? I have my regular buttercream..but it doesn't taste like oreo cream.

15 replies
JessicakesBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessicakesBakes Posted 31 May 2011 , 4:53pm
post #2 of 16

This is not my recipe (just a coincidental name) - I got it from the Gourmet Flavors Link around here - but I made it this weekend and it is SO YUMMY!!!

Cookies and Cream Frosting - JessDesserts
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
a pinch of salt
2/3 cup vanilla coffee creamer
1 tsp vanilla extract ( or 1/2 marshmallow extract if you have it)
remaining crushed Oreos
* Mix together butter, confectioners sugar, and a pinch of salt until its creamy. Increase your mixer speed to high and beat until its light
and fluffy. Add creamer and vanilla. Beat until its smooth. Fold in crushed Oreos. Makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes.

jenvoigts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenvoigts Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 16

Sounds great. I have been looking for a cookies and cream filling for my sons birthday cake. Thanks.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 31 May 2011 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 16

I just saw this post & I was going to give you the recipe I had......

but its already here! LOL

GL

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 31 May 2011 , 7:09pm
post #5 of 16

sounds yummy! gonna try it out, thanks!

MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 31 May 2011 , 7:37pm
post #6 of 16

"remaining crushed Oreos"

Remaining from what? Or about how many Oreo Cookies is it?

Sounds yummy and I'd like to give it a try.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:11pm
post #7 of 16

MissLisa- Great catch! The recipe for the frosting was part of the cake recipe. Here it is in its entirity, this should clear things up.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

HTH thumbs_up.gif

Cookies and Cream Cupcakes (Makes 22-24) - JessDesserts
30 Oreo cookies
1 package (18.25 ounces) plain white cake mix
1-1/3 c water (or a mix of water/vanilla creamer)
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

*Count out 12 Oreos and separate the top and bottom wafers. Make sure each has some of the icing on it. Place one wafer, icing side up, in the bottom of each paper liner.
*Place the remaining 18 Oreos between sheets of waxed paper or in a large, closed zipper-lock bag and crush them by rolling over them with a rolling pin. Set these crumbs aside.
*Mix all ingredients except crushed oreos. When batter is thoroughly incorporated, fold in 1 & 1/2 cups crushed Oreos.
* Spoon batter into cupcake liners. Approx 1/3 cup ( I use an ice cream scooper which is super-easy!
*Bake approx. 17-18 minutes. Let cool before frosting. *I replaced the oreos with double stuff MINT oreos and I took a bite and said "thats whoa". I am talking too freaking good to describe.

Cookies and Cream Frosting - JessDesserts
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
a pinch of salt
2/3 cup vanilla coffee creamer
1 tsp vanilla extract ( or 1/2 marshmallow extract if you have it)
remaining crushed Oreos
* Mix together butter, confectioners sugar, and a pinch of salt until its creamy. Increase your mixer speed to high and beat until its light
and fluffy. Add creamer and vanilla. Beat until its smooth. Fold in crushed Oreos. Makes enough to frost 24 cupcakes.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:19pm
post #8 of 16

Why couldn't you just add some crushed up oreo cookies to your own favorite BC? You can add them to taste.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 31 May 2011 , 8:28pm
post #9 of 16

The way *I* am reading the OP's request, they want an Oreo CREAM flavored frosting, not the cookie flavor itself. Am I correct, OP?

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 5:08pm
post #10 of 16

Here is a recipe I have for an oreo cookie filling (from a make your own oreo cookie recipe):

1/4 cup room-temperature, unsalted butter
1/4 cup vegetable shortening
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

There isn't much to it so, I'm thinking if you just made your own buttercream it would probably work.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 2:43am
post #11 of 16

I use Sugarshack's buttercream and add crushed oreos. It's so good. It also tastes better if you allow it to sit in a covered container over night. I made some chocolate cupcakes with this icing for my husband to take to work today and he said they were gone withing a few minutes and everyone raved about them.

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 3:07am
post #12 of 16

I thought the "add remaining oreos" meant whatever amount hadn't been eaten from the bag. I love Oreos!

mena2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mena2002 Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 5:05am
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKing12

I thought the "add remaining oreos" meant whatever amount hadn't been eaten from the bag. I love Oreos!

icon_cry.gif

pinky73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinky73 Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 4:26pm
post #14 of 16

Oh this is fantastic!! Thank you everyone!! I'm going for the actual cream flavor, sans the chocolate cookie part..and this fits the bill, I do believe!! I have marshmallow flavoring and have not put it to use..I'm excited to give it a try! Thank you for the recipe and I will report back!

SweetChica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetChica Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 3:40am
post #15 of 16

Sounds delish!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 18 Jun 2011 , 3:29pm
post #16 of 16

The filling in oreo cookies is nothing more than shortening, high fructose corn syrup and vanillan. Conversely you could make it yourself by adding more vanilla to a powdered sugar/shortening based frosting. Or you could try making a frosting with corn syrup and shortening, but you would probably have to mess around and add some kind of thickener like corn starch or flour or something like that.

Or you could take the filling from the cookies (a pain to get off the cookies, IMO) and add it to your frosting for that taste also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%