Baby Shower Lady Drivng Me Nuts....help!!!

Lounge By nicoles-a-tryin Updated 1 Mar 2007 , 2:48pm by nicoles-a-tryin

nicoles-a-tryin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles-a-tryin Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:26am
post #1 of 13

Hello, First I have to tell you ....I really don't understand how you deal with some of these people ordering cakes....
This lady whom is ordering her own baby shower...First called and wanted a "belly cake'. When I told her it is nicer in fondant...That was out of the question...then she sent me 2 more pictures. One of a square with the fondant ribbon bow. And wanted it is choc brown and teal.
Then calls back cause HER THEME IS NOW SAGE AND WHITE...So, cake white green bow...THEN, called again...NO, Now green white bow...
NOW....Green on green..and why am I charging what I am...

Does this sound right???....12 inch square cake and she WANTS 4 INCHES TALL!!!!! with scrolls all around it....No border on the top..wants it to look like a present...And the fondant bow.
So, I said $80.
Is that wrong???????????
Please help me...She is killing me...Seriously like 15 emails.
Thanks Nicole

12 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:36am
post #2 of 13

I sell my 10x10 that are 4" tall for $100.00.

PS that is a lot of cake.

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:42am
post #3 of 13

OH WOW!! Good to know!! I have no idea how much to charge. But now, I feel if she is goin to be this annoying...she can really go somewhere else.
I am doin this for fun...AHH>>SO, isn't fun when you hve to deal with some people eh?
thanks Nicole

moydear77 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 3:44am
post #4 of 13

That is just for Butter cream! Yes Got love people who have a very specific idea about what they want!

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 13

Oh I have to put this on here....She now just called and said...she didn't realize it would be that expensive...$80. so, now she wants a cake to feed 35 people...and for $50.
What size would that be?.....8 inch or 10?
Thank you!!!

moydear77 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 13

Square or round??? my 10x10 seves about 50--still a hundred dollars!

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 10:01pm
post #7 of 13

SO, A Square 8 inch feeds how many?

Thank you so much!!

nglez09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nglez09 Posted 22 Jan 2007 , 10:34pm
post #8 of 13

It feeds 24 according to Earlene's Cake Serving Chart.

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 8:23pm
post #9 of 13

OK!!! This baby shower lady...NOW CALLED AND SAID..Her #'s went up...but not her budget??????? Can you believe that? and she thinks the 8 inch square (4inches tall) is tooo small looking...But won't spend more then the $50 ( oh and there is the fonant bow on top too!!)

Is it rude to just give her buisness to my neighbour?

She has called me 3 times today,and 2 emails...Can't count how many in total!!! Way to many timess?????

Thanks, Nicole

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 9:48pm
post #10 of 13

Put your foot down. She will not be happy unless she screws you on the price! Tell her what your prices are and if she can't handle it too bad! Don't let her take advantage of you- she has already taken too much time and energy from what it sounds like.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 10:55pm
post #11 of 13

E-mail and tell her exactly what size cake and what decorations you will be able to do for her budget of $50. Give her a date and time to which to confirm. in writing, that it will meet with her requirements. If it does not meet her requirements or she does not confirm, e-mail her and tell her 'thank you for your enquiry but as you has not confirmed details or acceptance, you will consider the tentative order cancelled.

DO NOT sell your cakes too cheaply. She sound like too much trouble and no matter how much effort you put into the cake, she will not be happy.

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 4:47am
post #12 of 13

Let her go. If she wants the big cakes, she pays the big bucks!

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 1 Mar 2007 , 2:48pm
post #13 of 13

I ended up giving her buisness to my neighbour. I had other cakes that weekend anyways,
But thank you all for your responses. NIcole

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%