Book Cake

Decorating By Pattycakes87 Updated 29 May 2011 , 8:20pm by Pattycakes87

Pattycakes87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pattycakes87 Posted 29 May 2011 , 4:24am
post #1 of 6

I made a cake in the shape of a book. They wanted it half chocolate, half white and a half sheet. So I baked one chocolate 1/2 sheet and one 1/2 white sheet and cut them in half in a way that the cake was half white on one side and chocolate and on the other side. Thing is I can't keep the now two separate cakes from separating. Is there anyway I can "glue" them together? Perhaps royal icing?

5 replies
cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 29 May 2011 , 4:55am
post #2 of 6

I just made my daughter a book for her princess party today, and I baked it exactly the way you did. I didn't use anything to glue the two halves together. I just smooshed them together and iced with buttercream.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 29 May 2011 , 3:16pm
post #3 of 6

Did you "glue" them to the cake board so they wouldn't slide apart?

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 29 May 2011 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 6

What do you mean by glue them together? Are you talking about where the center meets or the two layers with fillings. What I do is arrange the cakes side by side and I carve the curve in the center and on the sides until I get the desired shape. Then I torte the two cakes and fill and decorate. Where the two meet in the middle I find a nice piece of long ribbon so that it looks like a fancy bookmark. My customers love the added effect and it covers any seam.

Pattycakes87 Posted 29 May 2011 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohsmomma

Did you "glue" them to the cake board so they wouldn't slide apart?

Yes I did icon_smile.gif

Pattycakes87 Posted 29 May 2011 , 8:20pm
post #6 of 6

I will try these ideas, you're the best

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%