5.27.11 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 28 May 2011 , 11:03pm by Sangriacupcake

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 28 May 2011 , 5:26am
post #31 of 35

I believe Rosencrantz previously worked in a grocery store bakery.

He's finally up and torting. I hope being half asleep doesn't affect the cuts. Since I know there has to be a better way, I have officially decided that once I'm done stashing money for vacation, I'm going to start stashing money for an Agbay. I'm over waiting for his light bulb to go off. Besides, he going to have surgery this year and that will put an arm out of commission for 10 weeks. I don't like depending on someone else to do something as basic as torting.

This week I do solemnly promise to place a cake board smaller than the cakes between the cakes so I do not have the cake drama of one week ago. May the Cake Fairies bless me plentifully.

Have a great cakey evening, y'all!

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:20am
post #32 of 35

Anyone still awake? I haven't checked in for FNCC for a long time. Thought I'd stop by and say hi.

It's been a decently busy week for me. Three dozen cupcakes and a gumpaste topper, earlier in the week. Tonight I'm working on a three tier 50th anniversary cake for my step-grandparents. Worked all night last night on the gumpaste flowers. I've got the top tier covered in fondant and the bottom two filled and frosted and waiting for fondant. I've also got to do 4 dozen cake pops to coordinate with the cake.

Tomorrow we get to deliver and attend the party of course. it's a four and a half hour drive there and I'm already nervous about the transport. The location is up in the mountians in Oregon.

I better get back to work! I hope you are all having fun!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 28 May 2011 , 6:28am
post #33 of 35

I'm still here. But I think I can see the end.

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 28 May 2011 , 10:44pm
post #34 of 35

A grocery store bakery. If you could call it that. Does it count as a bakery when they don't have a mixer or a proofer?

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 28 May 2011 , 11:03pm
post #35 of 35

How late do you guys stay up?? icon_lol.gif

Leah_s, thanks for your help last night. My cupcakes sold out at the fund raiser for the pet adoption center...that's $120 for the animals!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%