New Kitchenaide

Decorating By Rhonlynn Updated 30 May 2011 , 1:32pm by Cupcations

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 28 May 2011 , 12:51am
post #1 of 10

I've been reading here, and knowing my mom had a Kitchenaide that lasted over 30 years, after making several batches of Buttercream with hand mixers, then, taking my buttercream ingredients to my neighbors, and using her Kitchenaide stand mixer, that was it.

I got so bad, I could smell the coils in the hand mixer. I think it's by Hamilton Beach. It was a special on Black Friday,and I knew she needed a mixer of some sort.

I went to target, and bought the Kitchenaide stand up Mixer, for 199.00. I think the only difference between this one and the Artisian model is the wattage, and the splatterguard, which I got online and ordered when I got home.

Then, I made the chocolate chip cookies in the book that came with the mixer. I had forgotten how easy it was. I added ingredients, and stood back, and watched it mix. My Facebook Status is "Making Christmas cookies just got easier." They mixed so perfect. I can't wait to make a from scratch cake. This is going to be fun.

9 replies
Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 28 May 2011 , 1:31am
post #2 of 10

Oh I know what you mean I cant imagine being in a kitchen without my Kitchenaid Mixer..lol God bless icon_biggrin.gif

lorenaortegarox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorenaortegarox Posted 29 May 2011 , 3:22am
post #3 of 10

i love my kitchenaid!! no more kneading my own fondant thanks to the dough hook! congrats on your purchase!

10xHigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
10xHigh Posted 29 May 2011 , 3:40am
post #4 of 10

I love my apple green machine icon_smile.gif the bread hook is great when making mmf. I got the glass bowl also it is a little bigger than the metal bowl and invest in the mixing paddle it saves time stopping and using a spatchula.

Candice56 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candice56 Posted 29 May 2011 , 4:00am
post #5 of 10

More happy days ahead for you to enjoy your baking.. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

BakerAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnn Posted 30 May 2011 , 8:38am
post #6 of 10

My Kitchen Aid is more than 40 years old and is still as awesome as the day I bought it. Glad you have the mixer of your dreams!

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 30 May 2011 , 10:28am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonlynn

I've been reading here, and knowing my mom had a Kitchenaide that lasted over 30 years, after making several batches of Buttercream with hand mixers, then, taking my buttercream ingredients to my neighbors, and using her Kitchenaide stand mixer, that was it.

I got so bad, I could smell the coils in the hand mixer. I think it's by Hamilton Beach. It was a special on Black Friday,and I knew she needed a mixer of some sort.

I went to target, and bought the Kitchenaide stand up Mixer, for 199.00. I think the only difference between this one and the Artisian model is the wattage, and the splatterguard, which I got online and ordered when I got home.

Then, I made the chocolate chip cookies in the book that came with the mixer. I had forgotten how easy it was. I added ingredients, and stood back, and watched it mix. My Facebook Status is "Making Christmas cookies just got easier." They mixed so perfect. I can't wait to make a from scratch cake. This is going to be fun.

The Kitchenaid is a joy to behold I don't know where I would be without it. people tried to talk me into the Kenwood (another popular one here in the UK) but I found it too plasticy. The kitchenaid is so sturdy and doesn't move! enjoy your baking icon_smile.gif

Valkstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valkstar Posted 30 May 2011 , 11:02am
post #8 of 10

I think it's amazing that you can get a Kitchenaid for only $199 icon_surprised.gif

I wanted one for ages but the basic artisan was 500 ($715). I managed to order one from the UK for £430 ($670) with a free glass bowl and other attachments and it's amazing!!! I love it, and it's made my baking so much quicker and easier.

Rhonlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonlynn Posted 30 May 2011 , 12:40pm
post #9 of 10

It's not artisian, doesn't have the second bowl, was 100 cheaper. making it totally affordable to me. I wish it were green...lol

I always loved my moms, who had hers for 40 years. So, when I started doing cakes, the hand mixer couldn't do it. I had nothing but trouble with icing. Cakes were only okay. From scratch things were the worst. Royal icing took a long time for the mixer to work. 10 minutes of griping a hand mixer isn;t fun. For 3 weeks of Wilton class, my icing was gritty. Twas time.

I have a bread machine for making bread dough, and I never cook the dough in the machine. I use it often.

I ordered a bowl splatter attachment. On my next payday, I'll get the spatula attachment.

It runs incredibly quiet. That one at sears is loud in the store, imagine it in a kitchen? The guy at Sears tried to tell me it wasn't loud, but it sounds like a jet plane.

And my question, icing should be made with the hard mixer hook. Mine is white, yours might be a different color? I'm going to make some today.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 30 May 2011 , 1:32pm
post #10 of 10

I use the flat beater for icing

http://compare.ebay.com/like/110681665906?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

But mine is also white (Artisan)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%