Using Foil Pan As Cake Pan / How To Make A Cake For 75 Ppl

Baking By shikhamj Updated 22 May 2011 , 4:14pm by shikhamj

shikhamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shikhamj Posted 22 May 2011 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 4

I have a birthday party coming up, where I have an order to prepare for 75 people. this is my first time and I dont want to spend on a full sheet pan as I am not sure If i would be using it again. Has any one tried baking a cake in a foil pan. Or please can any one suggest an alternative on how to make a cake for 75 people... icon_smile.gif Thank you so much ..

3 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 May 2011 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 4

IMO a foil pan is a bad idea. Do you have a smaller pan that you could bake several and put them together?

gramof5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gramof5 Posted 22 May 2011 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 4

If you have a 9x13 (1/4 sheet) pan, you could bake 3 of them and put them side by side (hold together with icing) on the board to make a giant sheet cake that would give you roughly 75 servings. Once you ice the whole thing, nobody would be able to tell that there are any seams. icon_smile.gif

shikhamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shikhamj Posted 22 May 2011 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramof5

If you have a 9x13 (1/4 sheet) pan, you could bake 3 of them and put them side by side (hold together with icing) on the board to make a giant sheet cake that would give you roughly 75 servings. Once you ice the whole thing, nobody would be able to tell that there are any seams. icon_smile.gif

Cool.. Thank you gramof5 for the lovely tip. I have a 9x13" pan , i never thought of it icon_smile.gif
Now I have to just find out what my friend wants for her babys 1st birthday icon_smile.gif
Wish you all a lovely day...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%