Help Please! Bc Bleeding & Need Tyo Fix This Quick!

Decorating By jennifer22780 Updated 18 May 2011 , 3:50pm by rosa369

jennifer22780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer22780 Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 6

I just made a cake as a favor for someone i know (she did pay cost of supplies though). It came out cute, just like the design she had drawn up. However, she wanted a real deck of playing cards under the cake, sticking out around the cake board, as a decorative board/border. well, im assuming the buttercream from underneath (?) is seeping its oils or whatnot outward onto the cards. I dont know what to do to hide it, or maybe i should just leave it alone (????) I don't think she would be terribly upset, but not sure how much more its going to bleed outward. the design on the cake doesnt really allow for a bunch of round fondant balls, although i suppose i could make it work. i had a feelingthis might happen, but i really thought the cards would be ok because of the glossy feel to them. what was i thinking??! i have to have this cake ready by 3pm... so i have some time.. btu im also home alone with two kids today too!

5 replies
Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 18 May 2011 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 6

That is tough icon_confused.gif
I would try to cover them, maybe sprinkle some Disco Dust (depending on the theme ofcourse) on the cards? icon_rolleyes.gif

sorry im not much help but I hope you find your answer soon (this should bump the thread icon_biggrin.gif )
Good luck

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 6

I would try to make a "dam" of fondant balls around the cake as a border.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:15pm
post #4 of 6

Do you have a board between the cake and the cards?

In the future I think I would have laid the cards down, and covered them with contact paper. Then put your cake with the same size cake board on top of that.

jennifer22780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer22780 Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 6

thanks everyone. i didnt have any disco dust... but i did end up makign a border out of balls around the cake. it still looks great. yes, i have a cake board under the cake, which is sitting on top of the board with the cards. im just guessing when i put icing in the center of the card cake board, it must have smushed outward to the cards.......
i like the contact paper idea =) that couldve really worked! i wouldve made the cards myself, but she didnt want met o spend the time doing that... although now that i think of it, that may have taken less time int eh long run!

rosa369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosa369 Posted 18 May 2011 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 6

I hope everything comes out good. We want to see pictures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%