For Those Who Make Sheet Cakes.... Opinions Needed

Decorating By gladysrdz24 Updated 21 May 2011 , 10:54pm by sweetmonkeycheese

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 May 2011 , 8:08pm
post #31 of 32

......1/4 sheet that feeds 48 people is a mighty small piece of cake, something like 1" by 2" or 1" x 1.5" ........ IMO it is not nearly enough cake. But that's just me. "
.......I agree! Around here, a 1/4 sheet cake serves 25, 1/2 sheet serves 45-50. .......
.......To say 70 servings out of a half, makes me think that a serving is letting each guest walk up and lick the cake........

Oh myicon_sad.gif Please look again at what I said....I'm talking about **4"** high layer cakes with filling.
A serving is 1x2x4 period! THAT IS THE SAME AMOUNT OF CAKE AS A 2x2x2 cube so called party size serving. Take a piece of styro or wood cut to the two sizes to show customers. A piece of paper doesn't do it - you don't get the 3-d effecticon_smile.gif

Regarding the PP/Bettercreme/Rich's: ......"Bettercreme" or "Rich's". It comes frozen in a gallon sized carton. You let it sit 24 hrs in the fridge to defrost. Once it defrosts its like a thick milk. I whip it up in my KA and it turns into frosting.......

Even in my shop I seldom used enough to whip up a full gallon at one time. I *never* defrosted it. Just spoon out what you need and whip it up. That way you don't waste. It whips quick when it is still in it's semi-fzn stateicon_smile.gif And I have fzn left-over whipped now and then - especially if I knew I would be using some like the next week.

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 21 May 2011 , 10:54pm
post #32 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by doramoreno62

"I just want to say that a 1/4 sheet that feeds 48 people is a mighty small piece of cake, something like 1" by 2" or 1" x 1.5" or something that small; if I remember from the last time I looked (it has been a while). I usually have a piece of paper cut to that size to show the true size of the cake. IMO it is not nearly enough cake. But that's just me. "

LindaF144a, I agree! Around here, a 1/4 sheet cake serves 25, 1/2 sheet serves 45-50.

I agree, I went to the grocery store were I grew up getting cakes from and they say 1/4 = 20 ppl, 1/2 = 40, ect - Maybe ppl in the south just really like cake, I dont want no little 1 inch piece of cake!!! and not for nothing but i really dislike the argument that a peice of cake at a restaurant is 5 bucks but then ppl freak for wedding cake... umm have ya had cake a restaurants they are big! and often feed two ppl

http://www.publix.com/food/catalog/Bakery/DecoratedCakes/Information.do

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%