How Do You Communicate With The Wedding Florist?

Decorating By cakegirl1973 Updated 13 May 2011 , 3:47pm by cakegirl1973

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 4

Hi there! I have been communicating with the florists through the brides, but I have not been happy with the flowers that I have received to place on the cake. Despite the fact that I tell the brides how much space will need to be covered on each tier (usually 2" or 3"), the arrangements that I am provided are never proportionate to the cake. The arrangements are either way too big (and I have to pull out flowers so it doesn't look ridiculous) or they are so sparse that I have to double up. I am thinking that I need to do a better job communicating with the florist.

How do you communicate with wedding florists? What information do you relay to the florist to make sure that the flowers are perfect for the cake? Thanks in advance!

3 replies
carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 4

I guess I was lucky...when I was dealing with florists at the bakery I worked for I didn't have any problem at all. But I know what you mean. When I was married (back in the dark ages) we'd asked our florist to make a topper for the cake...only problem was they must have thought it was to be a 4 tier cake because the topper was HUGE! Back then it looked kind of funny...today it would look pretty!

However, getting back to your question, you might give the florist a sketch of your cake so they know how the flowers are to be placed and how many. It always helps to have a visual as well as sizes.

cakegirl1973 Posted 11 May 2011 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks carmijok. BTW, love your avitar!

cakegirl1973 Posted 13 May 2011 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 4

I am posting to give this thread a bump. icon_smile.gif I was hoping to receive a little more advice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%