Mad Hatter Tea Party Theme Grad Party???'s

Decorating By JustABite Updated 11 May 2011 , 4:39pm by PennieK

JustABite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustABite Posted 9 May 2011 , 1:23am
post #1 of 4

Hi all! Looking for ideas for cupcakes and LOTS of them for a Mad Hatter tea party themed graduation party. I have not ventured into the sculpted figures so I am not sure that is the best avenue for me.

Thanks for ANY options you can give me.

Renee

3 replies
JustABite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustABite Posted 11 May 2011 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 4

Darn, no help!

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 11 May 2011 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 4

What about making candies and placing on top that are shaped like the 4 suits in cards or cut with cookie cutters out of fondant or GP, or even some tiny cards which could be made by just cutting rectangles from fondant or GP and then hand panting the face of the cards or applying edible images. Little candy teapots, tea cups, little clocks/pocket watches representing the white rabbit's...these could all be made in fondant or GP too. And brightly colored frosting. You could mix in the first initial of the graduate with these also to make it more personal. A simpler way to do this is to use a circle or diamond or square...cutter on fondant or GP and then hand paint the letter on it. You could even paint the letter on the suits mentioned above. Hope this helps.

PennieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennieK Posted 11 May 2011 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 4

My daughter had a Wonderland theme for her 16th bday. I decorated the cupcakes with chocolate transfers. I made hearts, diamonds, teacups, clocks, flowers, and a lot of Eat Me tags. Unfortunately I didnt get a picture I was planning of taking one of the display but it was an outside event and it was too windy to set up. Another fun thing we did was to match flavors up with different characters:
Red Queen-red velvet
White Queen-white
Alice-lemon with blue frosting
Madd Hatter- PeaNUT butter
March Hare-cocoNUT
White rabbit-carrot
Cheshire cat-Ivisible watermelon(made with invisible watermelon kool-aid)
Jabberwocky-dark chocolate
Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum- cookies and cream

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%