Help!!!! 300 Flowers

Decorating By Cookingkimber Updated 9 May 2011 , 2:56pm by imagenthatnj

Cookingkimber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookingkimber Posted 8 May 2011 , 10:15pm
post #1 of 13

I have a large order of cupcakes coming up and the women just called and said she meant to tell us when she ordered that she needs gumpaste flowers on each cupcake and the order is only a few days away. Me, always eager to please said " no problem" now I have to figure out what will be a quick yet pretty flower (since they are for a wedding) that I can produce 300 of them with out losing my mind.

Any help or ideas would be huge!!!!

12 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 May 2011 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 13

BUY THEM

If you're near the east coat, order from www.avalondeco.com David will ship the same day he gets the order if you call by 3pm.

If you're on the west coast, try www.discount sugarflowers.com. I'm pretty sure they are out of California.

PS It's always helpful to put your location in your profile.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 8 May 2011 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 13

Please tell me you told her there would be an additional feeicon_smile.gif How complicated are the flowers? If you can't buy them, I would recruit help (in my case my mom and probably a friend) and assembly line the heck out of them. Good luck!

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 8 May 2011 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbitz

Please tell me you told her there would be an additional feeicon_smile.gif

I was just thinking the same thing. I hope you told her there is an upcharge for the flowers.

I totally agree that you should buy the flowers, since you are in a time crunch.

cakesnglass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesnglass Posted 8 May 2011 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 13

Royal icing or a nice stiff buttercream would be quicker and more palatable.

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 9 May 2011 , 12:07am
post #6 of 13

Basic cherry blossom goes super quick!
Last summer I did 150 for a wedding in no time!

cakification Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakification Posted 9 May 2011 , 12:11am
post #7 of 13

How bout ribbon roses or duff roses? Super easy a d super fast...

Good luck!

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 9 May 2011 , 12:20am
post #8 of 13

I agree with ordering them!

I really hope you told her there would be an extra fee with the addition of a flower on each cupcake, lol!

Honestly if it's only a few days away and if you don't decide to order them...I would buy or make up some fondant in a few different coordinating spring colors and use a gerbera daisy punch and layer a few on each cupcake.

Cookingkimber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookingkimber Posted 9 May 2011 , 10:21am
post #9 of 13

I did tell her that there would be an extra charge. I think I will try two or three flowers today and see how long it takes me to make each one. thank you for your help and keep the suggestions coming...Please

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 May 2011 , 11:34am
post #10 of 13

I would say a big old daisy would be a lovely addition to a cupcake icon_smile.gif

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 9 May 2011 , 12:14pm
post #11 of 13

A 5 petal blossom is easy... especially if you have the veiner. Place a 4mm silver dragee in the center and it is very nice and perfect for a wedding. Now... they still take time. I made 400 in a day though (mine were hydrangeas, but it's the same exact process). I had to edge mine in gold too so that added some time as well. If you don't have the cutter/veiner then I'd order something premade.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 9 May 2011 , 2:35pm
post #12 of 13

lilmisbakesalot's idea is really awesome. Not only elegant but very simple with cutouts - the petal plunger set has saved my life several timesicon_smile.gif

http://www.globalsugarart.com/search.php?search=flower+plunger

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 9 May 2011 , 2:56pm
post #13 of 13

These are very pretty.

http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-gum-paste-flower

And this is out of stock here, but maybe you could get it somewhere else. Veiner for 5 flowers at a time.

http://www.globalsugarart.com/product.php?id=19045&name=Five%20Petal%20Press%20Set%20(SV-053)%20by%20Sunflower%20Sugar%20Art

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%