Pvc Pipes

Decorating By danizabe Updated 8 May 2011 , 2:36am by kakeladi

danizabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danizabe Posted 7 May 2011 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 8

Hi ladys!happy mothers day to all, icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif now my question how do i take the letters from the pvc pipe,i used it in all my fondant work and i found its great,only thing is the letters in it icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 May 2011 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 8

Are you referring to the writing on the pipe? Just don't understand what you mean icon_sad.gif

danizabe Posted 7 May 2011 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 8

yes iam asking about the letter writing on the pipes how to get rid of them i have try acetone and alcohol dint work icon_biggrin.gif

danizabe Posted 7 May 2011 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 8

yes iam asking about the writing on the pipes i have try acetone,and alcohol

Susan_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susan_cakes Posted 7 May 2011 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 8

You can use the pvc pipe cleaner plumbers use to clean the pipes before they glue them. Acetone, not fingernail polish remover kind,but the kind in a tin at home depot should also work.

danizabe Posted 7 May 2011 , 11:42pm
post #6 of 8

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif thank you thank you

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 7 May 2011 , 11:51pm
post #7 of 8

I'm thinking pvc pipe is not food safe, due to the chemicals that can leach out of it. They sell large rolling pins that are. Just my 2 cents.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 May 2011 , 2:36am
post #8 of 8

I know many, many decorators are using pvc pipes for many cake applications. They don't seem to be worried about either the possibilities of chemicals leaching OR the letters on them.
As I understand it pvc pipes are made for/used as water pipes. That must be safe.
Unless you are using them where they will show why the concern about the lettering?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%